the beginning of operation of the facility was on 19 January 1979. The supplied uranium hexafluoride (UF6) conversion plant to be in a uranium dioxide (UO2) reduced in powder form and then pressed into tablets. The tablets are sintered and ground to the specified dimensions. After a quality check, the tablets are filled into fuel rod and assembled into fuel elements. This video was shot on 3/21/2011 from cosmicspeed33. Reportable events until mid-2008 occurred in the system 117 reportable events.
Two events posed a threat to the criticality dar. At 31 August 1999 was discovered during an inspection of a collection of 4 kg of uranium oxide in a cone of material of a screening device. A weld was cracked by fatigue, so that uranium dioxide from entering the cavity of the conical pile and could accumulate there. This event was referred to the International Nuclear Event Rating Scale (INES) as a reportable event classified with the urgency level 0 E (Breaking News). On 5 June 2004 occurred in a smoldering fire in a HEPA filter, while the plant was not in operation. Parts of the ventilation system were to be contaminated and had cleaned and replaced. The fire was also classified as a reportable event on the INES level 0 to E reporting category. On 7 July 2005, there was a misuse of a system for trapping of a collection of uranium oxide pellets. Instead of the permissible 18 kg, a 20-liter container was filled with 28.66 kg. The excess amount was then transferred to a second container, so that the filling was back within specifications. This event was disturbance of the INES level 1 with reporting category E classified.
- BP – AREVA – Solar Dawn Australia Project: Nuclear Company ‘Manages’ Solar Project (enformable.com)
- Evacuation: Fast-growing wildfire burns near spent fuel storage at Idaho National Lab – Accepts nuclear rods from plants across US (enenews.com)
- After Fukushima: AREVA and the United States – Nuclear Option – or Nuclear Crusade? (enformable.com)
- Areva to renew reactor circulation system at Leibstadt nuclear plant in Switzerland (enformable.com)
- Kyushu Electric destroyed evidence as recently as 3 weeks ago in attempt to hide cover-up (enformable.com)
- EDF says New Flamanville 3 Nuclear power plant delayed until 2016 after 2 serious accidents (enformable.com)
- Jordan accepts financial bids from AREVA, Atomstroy, and AECL for first nuclear power plant (enformable.com)