Plant constructor China Nuclear Engineering and Construction Corporation (CNECC) announced that the reactor dome was successfully lifted by crane and placed on top of the containment building on 26 August.
Work on the first Ningde unit started in February 2008, with construction of units 2 and 4 beginning in November 2008 and September 2010, respectively.
All four units at the site are scheduled to come online between late 2012 and 2015.
The construction of two further CPR-1000 reactors is planned for Phase II of the Ningde plant.
|Unit||Type||Construction start||Operation start|
|Ningde 1||CPR-1000||18 February 2008||December 2012|||
|Ningde 2||CPR-1000||12 November 2008||2013|||
|Ningde 3||CPR-1000||8 January 2010||2014|||
|Ningde 4||CPR-1000||29 September 2010||2015|||
Those units were built to the French three-loop standard, outputting 944 MWe. The CPR-1000 builds on that to produce 1080 MWe.
- Leaked Documents Show US Lobbying for GE for China building plans for 50 nuclear power plants by 2020 using 60s era technology. (enformable.com)
- Fukushima Daiichi Unit 3 – 10 days after the earthquake disaster view on core re-melting (enformable.com)
- China, reports cast shadows over safety of nuclear program (reportingtheworldover.wordpress.com)
- North Anna Reveals equipment may have contributed to unnatural shutdown (enformable.com)
- Fukushima Reactor 2 released two large plumes of radiation spike on March 15 (enformable.com)
- Shaw nuclear subsidiary to sell investment in Westinghouse back to Toshiba – Constructors remain committed to nuclear power (enformable.com)
- The Expansion of The Nuclear Experiment: Floating Nuclear Power Plants – 180 Mwe, 600m US Dollar, Areva/France Barge-mounted Nuclear Power Plant (enformable.com)
- The Expansion of The Nuclear Experiment: Floating Nuclear Power Plants – 180 Mwe, 600m US Dollar, Areva/France Barge-mounted Nuclear Power Plant (news.lucaswhitefieldhixson.com)
- After Nuclear Accident Renewable Energy Charging Forward – Germany’s Renewable Energy Sources Rise to 20% Post Fukushima (enformable.com)
- Reactors at San Onofre Nuke Plant in California Shut Down Due to Blackout (ex-skf.blogspot.com)