From: Hidehiko Yamachika [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 11:49 AM
To: Emche, Danielle; Foggie, Kirk; Cullingford, Michael
Cc: Aono, Kenjiro; Michael W. Chinworth
Subject: RE: TEPCO Earthquake Information Update as of March 14, 2300(JST) – Fukushima Daini Unit 1 in Cold Shutdown
TEPCO announced at 11:30 am in EDT that all of fuel became uncovered again at 10:20am in EDT because the closure of the valve prevented from flow of sea water.
TEPCO is trying to open another valve to release high pressure in the reactor vessel, which took place due to the lack of sea water supply, and keep condition in which sea water flow will be assured.
- Status of Fukushima Daiichi (as of September 20) – Temp Worker knocks filter off mask – no internal contamination found (enformable.com)
- TEPCO Releases new video on-site at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant (enformable.com)
- New TEPCO Photos of Sampling On-site at Fukushima Daiichi and Accumulated Water in Containment Vessel at Fukushima Daini (enformable.com)
- All 6 Fukushima Daiichi Reactors and Fukushima Daini nuclear power plant’s likely to be decomissioned (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – NRC 23:15 Telecon Fukushima – Reactor 2 containment pressure almost double of design basis (enformable.com)
- Tsunami as seen from a Heating plant in the city of Minamisoma in Fukushima prefecture (enformable.com)
- Brazil claims No Fukushima Here – Releases plans to build 4 more nuclear plants (enformable.com)
- More on Fukushima II (Daini): Loss of Function to Remove Residual Heat for Up to 2 Days and 23 Hours, March 11 to 14 (enformable.com)