Today, after the 5+ earthquake yesterday readings in the drywell of unit 1 are a whopping 512 Sv.
This does fit with a pattern we have seen of gradually rising drywell radiation with major spikes after each earthquake.
One had a 17 Sv jump after a quake. Another quake caused a 57 Sv jump.
A possible reason for these high readings is melted fuel mass somewhere near the gauge in the drywell.
- March 23rd, 2011 – Check Water Levels in Drywell With Acoustics (enformable.com)
- March 18th, 2011 – NRC and GE Inspecting Photos to Determine Whether Drywell Head Intact in Reactor 3 – 50 Mile Evacuation Was Good Call – Aleutian Islands I-131 (enformable.com)
- April 2nd, 2011 – Estimated 10-30%/daily drywell turnover leakage from failed penetrations – Please delete after reading (enformable.com)
- April 19th, 2011 – The issue of reimbursement for NRC activities is still an issue and the Japanese are invoking the IAEA charter as a basis for no reimbursement (enformable.com)
- NINE MILE POINT N.Y. nuclear facility, a leakage has been reported (enformable.com)
- March 17th 2011- All the Troublesome Reactor Venting and How to Prevent It (enformable.com)
- March 30, 2011 – Reactor 2 Core Melted Through Containment Vessel – Workers “Lost the race” to save one of the reactors (enformable.com)
- March 18th, 2011 – SPF Issues Investigated – Little Cladding Left – Fuel maybe in form of a rubble bed (enformable.com)