Sent:Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:49 PM
To:Deavers, Ron; Bonaccorso, Amy
Cc:OST05 Hoc; McNamara, Nancy
Subject:FW: Questions NRC RI Is Receiving – RESPONSE NEEDED ASAP
Ron and Amy:
You may wish to touch base with our PMT folks for insights. I can’t help on this.
State Liaison – Liaison Team
Incident Response Center
From: McNamara, Nancy
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:24 PM
To: LIA04 Hoc; OST05 Hoc
Subject: Questions NRC RI Is Receiving – RESPONSE NEEDED ASAP
1. How is it that the NRC has always defined the emergency planning zone to be out to 10 miles based on worse case scenarios, yet they just recommended a 50 mile evacuation?
2. What does a PAR out to 50 miles say about the current 10 mile EPZ used here in the United States?
- March 12th 2011 12:52 PM FOAI Communication – Reactor 1 Water level was known to be below top of active fuel (enformable.com)
- NRC High Importance Notice Responding To Fukushima Disaster on March 11th (enformable.com)
- NRC No. 11-046 March 13, 2011 – NRC SEES NO RADIATION AT HARMFUL LEVELS REACHING U.S. FROM DAMAGED JAPANESE NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – NRC circulating requests for former BWR operators (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – All 3 Reactors have known fuel damage – 50 Staff on site – 5 may have received fatal radiation doses (enformable.com)
- March 12th, 2011 UPDATE on Fukushima Daiichi – 15:30 telecon – NRC unsuccessful so far in lead role (enformable.com)
- March 12th, 2011 – JNES to NRC – We feel we grasp well the situation – In case we will need further expertise, we will let you know (enformable.com)
- NRC inspecting Monticello nuclear power plant (enformable.com)
- March 12th, 2011 – Youtube Video of the Tsunami Hitting Fukushima Daiichi (enformable.com)