From: Gisin-, Kati~y
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:55 PM
To: Zigh, Ghani; Scott, Michael
Cc: Tinkler, Charles; Lee, Richard; Santiago, Patricia
Subject: Re: BWR Zirc Fire Experiment
Charlie also talked to Sandia and they told him that Nel and gE asked for a list of reports that a relevant to SFP zirc fire.
Charlie told them to go ahead and provide the list. I suspect GE and/or NEI will then ask us for some or all of the docs on the list.
Richard sent an email to OGC to ask about releasing OUO docs and waiting to hear back.
We will keep working it until we have the relevant information to make a decision about what to release and to whom.
From: Zigh, Ghani
To: Gibson, Kathy; Scott, Michael
Sent: Wed Mar 16 16:30:23 2011
Subject: BWR Zirc Fire Experiment
I did talk to Sandia. They are going to inquire more about the information that both NEI and GE are looking for.
They may refer them to us.
The bottom line is that no information about zirc fire will be exchanged without our knowledge.
I also told SNL that we may prepare a fact sheet that we can give to GE and NEI. The information sheet will have enough information to indicate that zirc fire is possible.
- March 16th, 2011 – Classified as OUO documents – BWR zirc fire data (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – NRC circulating requests for former BWR operators (enformable.com)
- March 15th 2011 – Table of BWR’s Mark I (enformable.com)
- Exelon Nuclear and GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Sign Services Contract (enformable.com)
- BWR – Boiling Water Reactors (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – I’ve been pretty depressed about that Japanese business (enformable.com)
- March 14, 2011, 11:30pm Japan Nuclear Facility Updates – Unit 2 Ex Vessel Fuel Damage – Substantial Debris in Unit 3 SFP (enformable.com)