THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
The NRC and other Federal agencies are closely following an emergency occurring outside of the United States. Press releases about NRC actions are posted on www.nrc.gov. Information is also available on the NRC External Blog at: http://public-bloq.nrc-gateway.gov. Employees contacted by the media are asked to refer the calls to the Office of Public Affairs at 301-415-8200
Two important reminders:
It is possible that some of us will be requested by colleagues in another country to provide technical advice and assistance during this emergency. It is essential that all such communications be handled through the NRC Operations Center. Any assistance to a foreign government or entity must be coordinated through the NRC Operations Center and the U.S. Department of State (DOS). If you receive such a request, contact the NRC Operations Officer (301-816-5100 or via the NRC Operator) immediately.
If you receive information regarding this or any emergency (foreign or domestic) and you are not certain that the NRC’s Incident Response Operations Officer is already aware of that information, you should contact the NRC Operations Officer (301-816-5100 or via the NRC Operator) and provide that information. No response to this message is required.
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
- NRC ramps up inspection at Va. nuclear plant; earthquake may have exceeded plant’s design base – Signs That Utilities Knew Of Shortfall (enformable.com)
- NRC Accepts Exelon Nuclear’s Limerick nuclear power station application for another 20 years of operation (enformable.com)
- NRC Selling Pitch: Fukushima Disaster Not “Unforseen” Type of Event That Requires Radical Safety Overhaul in US (enformable.com)
- NYT: North Anna nuke plant in situation that no US reactor has ever faced before – NRC has no protocol to see if design held up after quake (enenews.com)
- Union of Concerned Scientists Respond to N.R.C. Safety Proposals – Missing Common-Sense Actions (enformable.com)
- NRC to increase inspections at Perry Nuclear Power Plant in Ohio after 4 workers exposed to radiation (enformable.com)
- NRC cites Pilgrim nuclear plant for multiple safety failures in shutdown (enformable.com)
- Why was Japan so unprepared for the Fukushima nuclear accident? (news.lucaswhitefieldhixson.com)
- NRC inspecting Monticello nuclear power plant (enformable.com)
- Quake puts nuclear power plant safety on shaky ground in United States (enformable.com)