The original website : http://news.tbs.co.jp/newseye/tbs_newseye4822557.html
Nuclear energy specialists team analyzed Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant data and put together their opinions.
It said “Although tsunami caused the power plants blackout, it wouldn’t have caused severe crisis like meltdown if it had been handled properly.” The massive tsunami attacked Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. #1 reactor completely lost the AC source.
In the crisis like that, the isolation condenser, aka IC, which enables to cool off steam throughout the coolant inside of the tank and changes it into water, then put the water back into the reactor had to be utilized.
The specialist team of Professor Narabayashi of Hokkaido University and nuclear power plant product maker OB of 34 members started analyzing the publicized data provided by the government and TEPCO on their own terms and found out about the trouble of #1 reactor IC.
“Tsunami caused control console board shut down and that generated wrong signal. Because of this incident, the function conked out.” “It took more than 2 hours to realize the consol board shut down and restart it. During this event the reactor core got damaged and melt down started.”
The specialist team assume that initial mistake caused fatal damage, as the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Pland Director Yoshida was putting together the recovery plan without realizing IC shutdown.
“If only there had been a proper direction to fully utilize the IC while complete AC course loss, TEPCO might have been able to avoid reactor core meltdown. That’s too bad.” Reactor Engineering Professor Narabayashi of Hokkaido University
The specialist team considers that the wrong crisis management caused lethal accident of #1, #2 and #3 reactor.
“There wouldn’t have been severe accident like meltdown and hydrogen explosion even without AC source caused by tsunami, if TEPCO had handled the situation properly.”
TEPCO commented on this analysis and stated “No comment on this hypothesis theory.”
- Japanese Reactor Research Educator – “What’s the point of cold shutdown now we know fuel is no longer sound?” (enformable.com)
- 6 Months on TEPCO still trying to achieve ‘Cold Shutdown | Reuters (enformable.com)
- TEPCO Begins Use of Robots to Assist Clearing 3500 Cubic Meters of Building Rubble from Fukushima Daiichi Reactor 3 and 4 (enformable.com)
- TEPCO Releases New Before and After Photos Of Stricken Fukushima Daiichi Plant (enformable.com)
- TEPCO to release interim report on Fukushima nuclear accident in November (enformable.com)
- TEPCO has not set worker exposure limits for beta radiation almost 6 months after Fukushima Disaster (enformable.com)
- TEPCO Dumps 565-Page Report on Early Days of Crisis, Says No Re-Melting of Reactor 3 Fuel (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Status of Reactor 1 Sarcophagus Construction (enformable.com)