Over 1% of hydrogen was found in 2 parts of the pipe in reactor 1.
In order to take off the radioactive gas from container vessel,Tepco was planning to cut off the pipes connected to the container vessel.
In the process,near the pipes which they were planning to cut off on the first floor of the plant 1,they detected over 10,000ppm of hydrogen at 2 places.
However,they are injecting nitrogen to reduce hydrogen for now.
They have not checked if there is hydrogen left in reacor 2 and 3 yet.
“Expert”,Okamoto from Tokyo university suggests 3 possibilities.
1.The gas that caused the hydrogen explosion in March still remained there.
2.Water in the reactor produced hydrogen because of radiation.
They are still injecting nitrogen,but there may be hydrogen left in other places still.
- More than 10,000 ppm Hydrogen Detected Inside the Pipe That Leads to Containment Vessel of Reactor 1 (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Government Researchers: Hydrogen Gas Generation by Radiolysis In Reactor SFP May Have Led to Explosion (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- March 12th, 2011 UPDATE on Fukushima Daiichi – 15:30 telecon – NRC unsuccessful so far in lead role (enformable.com)
- U. of Tokyo analysis: Mystery explosion at Reactor No. 4 caused by radiation dissolving water in boiling spent fuel pool – Contradicts TEPCO’s assumption (enenews.com)
- March 12th 2011 12:52 PM FOAI Communication – Reactor 1 Water level was known to be below top of active fuel (enformable.com)
- March 13th, 2011 UPDATE from 07:30 telecon – Fukushima Daiichi – USS Ronald Reagan picking up airborne contamination (enformable.com)