Subject:RE: Any updates on Japan?
Date:Friday, March 11, 2011 3:29:29 PM
Pretty good update in today’s OpE screening summary e-mail.
Four units on RCIC.
One unit without AC (portable EDG flown in already)
Different unit with active ECCS due to high containment temp (or pressure?).
Info confused and trickling in.
Original -M–es-s-ag e —–
From: Grobe, Jack –
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 3:24 PM
To: Brown, Frederick
Subject: Any updates on Japan?
Jack Grobe, Deputy Director, NRR
- March 14th, 2011 – NRC ONLY Update – All 3 Reactor cores likely damaged (enformable.com)
- April 6th, 2011 – Japan just said there was a zirc fire in Unit 4 SFP. Did we know this? – Depends what is meant by “know.” (enformable.com)
- March 14th 2011 – Confirmation of names for Japan (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – NRC 23:15 Telecon Fukushima – Reactor 2 containment pressure almost double of design basis (enformable.com)
- March 13th, 2011 UPDATE from 07:30 telecon – Fukushima Daiichi – USS Ronald Reagan picking up airborne contamination (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – Radioactive Steam Could Be Released From Fukushima Daiichi After NRC Knew Temperature in Reactor 1 Fuel Rods Up 50% Above Normal Levels (enformable.com)
- NRC “Talking Points” – Current as of March 17, 2011, 0600 EDT (enformable.com)