From: Richards, Stuart
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 6:36 AM
To: Hogan, Rosemary; Kammerer, Annie; Murphy, Andrew
Cc: Sheron, Brian; Case, Michael; Uhle, Jennifer
Subject: Japanese Earthquake
I’m sure you have heard about the 8.9 earthquake off the coast of Japan.
It resulted in a large tsunami on the Japanese coast. There is a report of problems at a Japanese nuclear plant.
We should be prepared to brief on our tsunami research. Maybe also seismic.
Additionally the tsunami wave is predicted to hit the coast of California in a few hours. Although the news reports that no damage is expected, we may be called on to comment on the impact on San Onofre and Diablo
- March 15th 2011 – Table of BWR’s Mark I (enformable.com)
- Nuclear Power Plants and Earthquakes (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Japanese Earthquake Questions (enformable.com)
- Blackout shuts down San Onofre nuclear reactors – Loss of power since 3:38 pm (enformable.com)
- San Onofre Nuclear Waste Generating Station: Anti- Nuclear Post-Fukushima Summit (enformable.com)