From: Foggie, Kirk
To: Hopkins Jon
Cc: Boger. Bruce; Regan. Christopher; Cullinaford. Michael; Emche. Danielle; Astwood. Heather; Mamish. Nader;
Abrams. Charlotte; Ramrsey, ack; SahlEric
Date: Friday, March 11, 2011 8:35:28 AM
Attachments: News Releases No.2 IAEA.docx
110311 Dress release on earthauakel (2).adf
News Releases No4 IAEA.docx
Jon et al.,
Attached are the press releases NISA provided last night/early this morning.
We are getting information realtime from NISA and JNES staff still here in the U.S. after attending the RIC. The most recent information has been forwarded to NSIR to be used in the ET brief currently taking place. Jon, I will update you .with information as it comes in today.
From: Hopkins, Jon
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 7:55 AM
To: Foggie, Kirk
Cc: Boger, Bruce; Regan, Christopher; Cullingford, Michael; Emche, Danielle; Astwood, Heather
If you could let NRR know of any info. that you find out about the status of Japan’s NPPs, it will be appreciated.
If you need assistance, please let me know.
Hokuriku Electric Co said on Friday all of three reactors at its Onagawa nuclear plant in northern Japan shut down automatically after the quake.
Kyodo news agency said a fire broke out at Tohoku Electric Power Company’s Onagawa nuclear plant in northeastern Japan following the earthquake.
Separately, Fukushima Prefecture, the site of a Tokyo Electric Power nuclear power plant, said on Friday the plant’s reactor cooling system was functioning, denying an earlier report that it was malfunctioning.
- March 12th, 2011 – JNES to NRC – We feel we grasp well the situation – In case we will need further expertise, we will let you know (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – Temperature in Reactor 1 Fuel Rods Up 50% Above Normal Levels (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – Radioactive Steam Could Be Released From Fukushima Daiichi After NRC Knew Temperature in Reactor 1 Fuel Rods Up 50% Above Normal Levels (enformable.com)
- April 15th, 2011 – 600 small Pb blankets offered for use at Fukushima Daiichi if TEPCO/NISA would like to have them (enformable.com)
- TEPCO Never Properly Prepared for Disaster – Unedited Fukushima accident manual released, loss of power sources not envisioned (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – Premonitions of North Anna EQ – Why does the NRC have confidence that an eq greater than DB cannot occur in the US (enformable.com)
- March 15th 2011 – Unclear Fires At Reactor 4 SFP (enformable.com)
- Newly released documents expose Japanese Nuclear Safety Organization feared aftershocks at nuclear plant could damage spent fuel rods (enformable.com)
- March 15th 2011 – Table of BWR’s Mark I (enformable.com)