From: Franovich, Mike
To: Ostendorff, William
Cc: Nieh, Ho; Warnick, Greg; Kock, Andrea; Zorn, Jason
Sent: Sat Mar 12 07:17:37 2011
Subject: FW: Latest Talking Points and Q&A
Good morning Sir,
Unfortunately this is the best we have at the moment. The attachment in the ET/liaison team report this morning simply stated possible core damage on Fukushima Daiichi unit 1.
The TEPCO site disclosed that some workers at the unit were injured and one was contaminated near 100 mRem.
Some images of an explosion at Unit 1 are on the web.
- March 13th, 2011 UPDATE from 07:30 telecon – Fukushima Daiichi – USS Ronald Reagan picking up airborne contamination (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 UPDATE: 2000 EDT Telecon on Fukushima Daiichi – Unit 4 New Fire Broken Out – Doses in Area around 30R/hr (enformable.com)
- March 12th, 2011 UPDATE on Fukushima Daiichi – 15:30 telecon – NRC unsuccessful so far in lead role (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – Fukushima Daiichi Units Degrading – Zirconium Fire at Reactor 4 SFP – Reactor 2 Possible Reactor Vessel Breach & Ex-Vessel Core Reaction (enformable.com)
- March 13th, 2011 – FOIA UPDATE from 15:30 telecon – Reactor 3 core believed 50% uncovered in first 2 days (enformable.com)
- Circumstances of the accident while dismantling a large crane at Fukushima Daiichi Reactor 1 (enformable.com)
- Cracks found on a part of the ceiling crane at the the common fuel pool at Fukushima Daiichi – Three similar cracks had been found on crane axles at Kashiwazaki-Kariwa after the 2007 earthquake (enformable.com)