To:Monday, March 14, 2011 11:53 AM
Subject:Lehning, John; Klein, Paul
I had heard that the rods were uncovered for some time period. I have not heard anything about a reactor or containment leak at either plant. Not sure where the quoted physicist got the info.
From: Lehning, John
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 11:44 AM
To: Klein, Paul; Smith, Stephen
Now, reading from abc news that Unit 3 has a leak in the bottom (not sure of what).. ? Don’t know if credible, but the explosion appeared stronger than the first one based on the plume.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/ia pan-earthquake-fukushima-nuclear-reactors-deteriorate-explosionsfuel/storv?id= 13131123
A few stories also mention the rods were uncovered to a great extent at units 2 and 3 – maybe when they were blowing down with the SRVs to prepare to inject seawater via the fire trucks…?
– John L.
- March 11th, 2011 – Wonder about the details of how this played out. – Official sources can’t or won’t comment – Pressure rose over 1.5x design pressure of RPV? (enformable.com)
- Photos Show Ground Incapable of Supporting Equipment – TEPCO Attempting To Trap Radiation Underground With Metal Plates (enformable.com)
- Hydrogen accumulates in pipes at Fukushima’s No. 1 reactor – Possibility hydrogen also accumulated in Number 2 and Number 3 Reactors (enformable.com)
- Kyushu Electric’s take ‘No Scandal, No Problem’ approach – Kyushu President to keep position – “It couldn’t be helped” (enformable.com)
- Masashi Goto – Nuclear Reactor Designer teams up with ex-Hitachi Engineer Tanaka – PCV/RPV pipes broke after EQ not IC shutdown (enformable.com)
- RSOE EDIS – Nuclear Event at Genkai Nuclear Power Plant in Saga Japan on Tuesday, 04 October, 2011 at 13:18 (01:18 PM) UTC. EDIS CODE: NC-20111004-32546-JPN (enformable.com)