From: Leeds, Eric
To:Den Bl; McCree. Victor; Satorius. Mark; Collins. Elmo; Sheron. Brian; Evans. Michele; Zirnmerman, Roy; OSJ “rU,- “Qz•
Cc:Holahan. Gary; Campbell. Andy; Cor Riard; Uhle. Jennifer; Howell. Ar; Pederson. Cynthia; V=.
Leonard; LeDid; Weber. Michael; Virailio. Martin; Grobe. Jack; Boger. Bruce; HOO Hoc eJ6
Subject:ACTION: Assistance to Japanese
Date:Monday, March 14, 2011 7:23:56 AM
The Japanese requested the US supply six individuals with knowledge of the BWR 3 & 4 design to assist them in their hour of need. I’d like to discuss potential candidates with you on a conference call today at 9:30 am. I will work through the HOOs to set up a conference call and send you the number. We do not have a lot of details with regard to how long, although we do know these folks will assist in their EOCs at two different locations in Japan. I’ll keep you informed as we learn more.
Thanks for your help!
Eric J. Leeds, Director
Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- March 14th 2011 – Confirmation of names for Japan (enformable.com)
- March 15th 2011 – Table of BWR’s Mark I (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – NRC ONLY Update – All 3 Reactor cores likely damaged (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Japanese Earthquake Questions (enformable.com)
- April 18th, 2011 – AREVA Presentation – The Fukushima Daiichi Incident (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – NRC circulating requests for former BWR operators (enformable.com)
- March 18th 2011 – It might be good to know the effects of salt deposition on cooling of BWR fuel assemblies (enformable.com)