To:Meighan, Sean Eric; Boger, Bruce; e.: ai
Cc:Wilson. Peter; Clfford James Roberts Darre; orson. Raymond Collins. Daniel; Weerakkodv. Sunil; Leeds.
Subject:Possible support to Japan
Date:Monday, March 14, 2011 10:57:47 AM
Region I has several individuals that may be suited to assist as discussed in a conference call with Eric Leeds this morning.
Below are staff for consideration regarding the ongoing events in Japan.
For support on severe accident mitigation. All are knowledgeable of SAMAs and B.5.b strategies. All have considerable BWR backgrounds. These are the three Region I Senior
1. Bill Cook
2. Wayne Schmidt
3. Chris Cahill
Also, Ray Lorson and Blake Welling, who have been SRIs at BWRs have indicated a willingness to support this initiative.
For expertise on radiological health effects and plume modeling.
1. Ron Nimitz
2. Jim Noggle (worked at Fukushima in the 1980’s)
For expertise on incident response
1. Ray McKinley (former BWR 4 SRO)
- March 14th, 2011 – Japan Requested US Supply 6 BWR 3 & 4 Experts to Assist in ‘Hour of Need’ at 2 different EOC locations (enformable.com)
- March 13th, 2011 – NRC to Chairman BWR Owners Group – Do you have any info?? (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Can Anyone Get Tony Some Clothes? We should do whatever we need to do to get this reimbursed asap – He’s In Japan Assisting With Fukushima Efforts (enformable.com)
- March 12th, 2011 – NRC folks following this issue outside of the Op center can’t really tell what is going on – GEH had over 70 employees onsite at the time of the quake (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – NRC circulating requests for former BWR operators (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – NRC Staff are not equipped with enough information to comment or answer questions on the event and should not speculate (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Classified as OUO documents – BWR zirc fire data (enformable.com)
- March 16th 2011 – NRC Admits Zirc Fire Is Possible – But Won’t Release All the Research Data (enformable.com)
- March 12th, 2011 – JNES to NRC – We feel we grasp well the situation – In case we will need further expertise, we will let you know (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – NRC ONLY Update – All 3 Reactor cores likely damaged (enformable.com)