From: Flanagan, Michelle
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 11:24 AM
To: Aissa, Mourad; Algama, Don; Esmaili, Hossein; Flanagan, Michelle; Lee, Richard;
Notafrancesco, Allen; Raynaud, Patrick; Salay, Michael; Scott, Harold; Wagner, Katie
Cc: Voglewede, John
Subject: Important information from branch chief’s meeting
At this morning’s branch chief meeting, Michael Scott requested that staff be notified of the following guidance.
Staff are requested to direct any inquiries on the events in Japan – from the press, public or anyone else – to OPA. We are not equipped with enough information to comment or answer questions on the event and should not speculate. This guidance is not intended to have staff be evasive, but rather to maintain effectiveness in
communication with information that is confirmed to be accurate.
Also, if you are asked to provide support in any way to NRC’s response to the events, it is the top priority. If your support of the response would impact other, time sensitive work, please speak with Michael Scott.
Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- March 19th, 2011 – The NRC gave Michael Scott KI to go to Japan – He probably won’t each much in the way of green leafy veggies while over there. (enformable.com)
- March 26th, 2011 – Decommissioning Type Information – (enformable.com)
- March 21st, 2011 – Clarification and assessment of potential radiological release source terms for Fukushima Units 3&4 spent fuel pools (enformable.com)
- March 16th 2011 – NRC Admits Zirc Fire Is Possible – But Won’t Release All the Research Data (enformable.com)
- April 18th, 2011 – AREVA Presentation – The Fukushima Daiichi Incident (enformable.com)
- April 2nd, 2011 – Estimated 10-30%/daily drywell turnover leakage from failed penetrations – Please delete after reading (enformable.com)