From: Rogge, John
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 7:53 AM
To: Baker, Pamela; Clifford, James; Collins, Daniel; Dean, Bill; Hinson, Felicia; Lew, David; Lorson, Raymond; McKinley, Raymond; McNamara, Nancy; Miller, Chris; Roberts, Darrell; Screnci, Diane; Sheehan, Neil; Tifft, Doug; Walker, Tracy; Weerakkody, Sunil; Wilson, Peter; Bellamy, Ronald; Burritt, Arthur; Dentel, Glenn; Gray, Mel; Jackson, Donald; Krohn, Paul; Powell, Raymond; Cahill, Christopher; Conte, Richard; Cook, William; Doerflein, Lawrence; Hansell, Samuel; Rogge, John; Schmidt, Wayne; Trapp, James
Cc: Rogge, John
Subject: March 21, 2011- 0730- CA Briefing On Japan Reactor Accidents
The following is a synopsis of the briefing with changes or noteworthy items underlined:
More at 2000 Monday from the RDO …. Mr. John RogQe….
Status of Fukushima Daiichi Units:
No Significant Change
TEPCO has offsite power to an aux transformer- Working to restore control room envelope and ventilation, and
Primary Containment intact as RCS is at a positive pressure
Reports of white smoke reported but source or significance not known
SFP now has water in it.
No venting is planned
SFP now has water in it.
Unit 5 and Unit 6- Both have AC Power
Unit 5 and Unit 6 SFPs Being Positively Cooled
Bechtel spray system left Perth, Australia at appr 6:30 EDT March 21. Single train with 2 techs, unsure if
TEPCO will use it.
The band of elevated dose rates up to 18 mi from plant to the northwest seems to coincide with the only time
wind was blowing in that direction being when the “lube oil fire” occurred on Unit 4 when we thought a H2
detonation and SFP fire occurred.
When I receive the normal status attachment I will send it.
- March 20th, 2011 – The band of elevated dose rates up to 18 mi from plant to the northwest seems to coincide with “Lube Oil Fire” in Reactor 4 SFP (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – All 3 Reactors have known fuel damage – 50 Staff on site – 5 may have received fatal radiation doses (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – Fukushima Daiichi Units Degrading – Zirconium Fire at Reactor 4 SFP – Reactor 2 Possible Reactor Vessel Breach & Ex-Vessel Core Reaction (enformable.com)
- March 18th, 2011 – NRC and GE Inspecting Photos to Determine Whether Drywell Head Intact in Reactor 3 – 50 Mile Evacuation Was Good Call – Aleutian Islands I-131 (enformable.com)
- March 27th, 2011 – Your Career likely over (enformable.com)
- March 14, 2011, 11:30pm Japan Nuclear Facility Updates – Unit 2 Ex Vessel Fuel Damage – Substantial Debris in Unit 3 SFP (enformable.com)
- April 6th, 2011 – Japan just said there was a zirc fire in Unit 4 SFP. Did we know this? – Depends what is meant by “know.” (enformable.com)
- March 17th, 2011 – Draft EDO Update – Concern about SFP at Fukushima Daiichi – 50 Mile Evacuation (enformable.com)
- March 21st, 2011 – Clarification and assessment of potential radiological release source terms for Fukushima Units 3&4 spent fuel pools (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – BBC is reporting radiation levels at reactor are 1000x normal. I feel like crying. (enformable.com)