From: Galloway, Melanie
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:47 AM
To: Ruland, William
Cc: Holian, Brian; Cheok, Michael; Lubinski, John
Subject: Impact on work from Japanese event response
License Renewal Delays:
* Follow-up safety RAIs for Seabrook will be delayed by two weeks. Potential to delay SER issuance.
* Draft of Information Notice related to torus degradation issues will be delayed by one month.
* Contractor-developed NUREG on structures degradation issues will be delayed by one month.
Impacts to LR from other Divisions (which you may have been provided separately by those Divisions):
* Pilgrim supplemental SER issuance will be delayed from April 11 to mid-May. (DCI)
* SAMA RAIs for Davis-Besse will be delayed by one week. Should not delay SEIS issuance. (DRA)
- March 11th, 2011 – Fukushima Daiichi fuel could have been broken because iodine concentration in air began to be increased at the site boundary (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – 4 Units on RCIC – 1 Unit Without AC – Different Unit With Active ECCS Due to High Containment Temperatures or Pressure (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Indications of Breach of Containment at Reactor 2 (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – Radioactive Steam Could Be Released From Fukushima Daiichi After NRC Knew Temperature in Reactor 1 Fuel Rods Up 50% Above Normal Levels (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – NRC Was Getting “Realtime” Information From NISA and JNES – Most Recent Information Forwarded to NSIR (enformable.com)
- March 13th 2011 – Detailed Report of Plant Status At Fukushima Daini As of 2:00 AM March 14th JST (enformable.com)
- March 17th, 2011 – What you ask for, isn’t always what you get – How the NRC internally communicates about the Freedom of Information Act (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – DORL Looking at licensing actions with sensitivity to potential considerations from the ‘Japanese situation’ (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – TEPCO Started Sea Water Injection But Does Not Work Well – All of fuels seem to be uncovered in Unit 2 (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – BBC is reporting radiation levels at reactor are 1000x normal. I feel like crying. (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – What to do with respect to Potassium Iodide for those going to Japan? (enformable.com)