From: Glitter, Joseph
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:24 AM
To: Ruland, William
Cc: Howe, Allen; Nelson, Robert
Subject: Response to what are we not getting done.
Bill- As noted below we have put the brakes on several of the initiatives that we were working on. To date, licensing actions have not been held up even though we have implemented a process to screen selected nearterm licensing actions and make a determination if additional scrutiny is appropriate.
1. We canceled the meeting with NEI’s Licensing Action Task Force on 3/17 and we informed the LATF that we will not undertake any new initiatives at this time.
2. We informed NEI that we could no longer actively support its LAR pre-submittal meeting improvement initiative.
3. The NRR LT Subcommittee on Office Reorg has temporarily suspended its activities.
4. DORL has internally reduced its emphasis on the one-year licensing action timeliness metric.
5. We have temporarily suspended activities to improve the SER/RAI process.
6. Concurrence/non-concurrence on the memo providing guidance to the staff on EP/EAL reviews has been delayed.
7. SER/RAI training for NSIR has been delayed.
8. Full implementation of the pilot for standard timelines for routine licensing actions may have been delayed. Unable to confirm in time to meet the deadline for this response.
Joseph G. Giitter
Division of Operating Reactor Licensing
Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation
- March 17th, 2011 – What you ask for, isn’t always what you get – How the NRC internally communicates about the Freedom of Information Act (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – DORL Looking at licensing actions with sensitivity to potential considerations from the ‘Japanese situation’ (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – The NRC Thought The Best Response After Fukushima Was to Verify What Licensees Were Already Required To Do (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – NRC Was Getting “Realtime” Information From NISA and JNES – Most Recent Information Forwarded to NSIR (enformable.com)
- March 26th, 2011 – Decommissioning Type Information – (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Fukushima Worker Casualty and Incident Report (enformable.com)
- March 13th 2011 – Detailed Report of Plant Status At Fukushima Daini As of 2:00 AM March 14th JST (enformable.com)