|Power Reactor||Event Number: 47353|
|Facility: SAINT LUCIE
Region: 2 State: FL
Unit:  [ ] [ ]
RX Type:  CE, CE
NRC Notified By: DAVE FIELDS
HQ OPS Officer: JOHN SHOEMAKER
|Notification Date: 10/19/2011
Notification Time: 07:32 [ET]
Event Date: 10/19/2011
Event Time: 05:28 [EDT]
Last Update Date: 10/19/2011
|Emergency Class: NON EMERGENCY
10 CFR Section:
50.72(b)(2)(iv)(B) – RPS ACTUATION – CRITICAL
MARK LESSER (R2DO)
|Unit||SCRAM Code||RX CRIT||Initial PWR||Initial RX Mode||Current PWR||Current RX Mode|
|1||M/R||Y||86||Power Operation||0||Hot Standby|
|MANUAL REACTOR TRIP ON LOSS OF CONDENSER VACUUM”On October 19, 2011, at 0528, Unit 1 was manually tripped due to rising condenser backpressure. All (Control Element Assembly) CEAs fully inserted into the core. Decay Heat Removal is from Main Feedwater and Steam Bypass to the Main Condenser. The cause of the rising backpressure was an unplanned trip the Circulating Water Pump 1A1, which degraded the Circulating Water System performance. At the time of the trip, an additional Circulating Water Pump 1A2 was secured for planned maintenance.
“The cause of the Circulating Water Pump 1A1 trip is under investigation.
“This event is reportable pursuant to 10CFR 50.72(b)(2)(iv)(B) for the Reactor Trip.”
The plant is stable at normal operating temperature and pressure.
The licensee notified the NRC Resident Inspector.
- Unknown Reactor Trip at Robinson Nuclear Power Plant – Unit in Hot Standby (enformable.com)
- North Anna Nuclear Power Plant Bearing Cooling Water Found Discharging into Lake (enformable.com)
- Supervisor at Saint Lucie Nuclear Power Station Found Intoxicated at Work (enformable.com)
- Electric Power From Nuclear Energy? – Speech at October 1st, 2011 Coalition Against Nukes Rally – Toledo, OH (enformable.com)
- NINE MILE POINT N.Y. nuclear facility, a leakage has been reported (enformable.com)
- October 6th, 2011 – NRC Event Notification 47321 – Prairie Island RCS (AUDIO) (enformable.com)
- February 25, 2009 – Your Software License Has Expired Error on Computer at Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant (enformable.com)
- Half of British Nuclear Power Plants To Close In Next Decade – Britain’s nuclear future is not so bright as firms look for exit strategy from building next generation of reactors (enformable.com)
- Quake-hit Virginia nuclear reactors “in an unanalyzed condition that significantly degrades plant safety” – Data shows quake may have exceeded design basis (enenews.com)
- A Quarter of Emergency Sirens Out of Service at Harris Nuclear Plant (enformable.com)