Areva SA, the world’s largest provider of nuclear equipment and services, is “not at all concerned” about the outcome of stress tests on Europe’s atomic power stations, Chief Commercial Officer Ruben Lazo said.
The Fukushima atomic disaster in Japan won’t stop construction of new reactors in Europe, Lazo said in an interview yesterday after a ceremony in Prague where representatives of Areva and rival bidders Westinghouse Electric LLC and a Russian-Czech group led by ZAO Atomstroyexport got technical specifications for two new reactors at CEZ’s Temelin station.
The U.K., the Czech Republic and Poland continue to press ahead with plans to build more reactors.
“We are all waiting for the stress tests, but we are completely calm,” Lazo said. “Fukushima has not stopped many countries from going as planned.”
- Mainstream Media loudly approves ‘Cool-headed’ Czechs, Areva and others bet on nuclear power for their future (enformable.com)
- French Nuclear Company Areva Hit by Virus – Hackers May Have Had Consistent Access For Up To Two Years (enformable.com)
- Areva to sell first bond since Fukushima disaster – Shares have fallen 38% this year | Areva’s BBB+ rating outlook was cut to negative in August (enformable.com)
- Areva in financial crisis forced to suspend uranium production at Malvesi and Tricastin for at least 2 months (enformable.com)
- After Fukushima: AREVA and the United States – Nuclear Option – or Nuclear Crusade? (news.lucaswhitefieldhixson.com)
- After Fukushima: AREVA and the United States – Nuclear Option – or Nuclear Crusade? (enformable.com)
- AREVA in secret talks with Japan for spent nuclear fuel from Fukushima Daiichi (enformable.com)
- Idaho Samizdat: Nuke Notes: Areva sailing in uncharted waters (enformable.com)
- TEPCO to ditch faulty Kurion-AREVA equipment to rely solely on Toshiba (and IHI and US’s Shaw)’s SARRY for highly contaminated water treatment. (enformable.com)
- April 18th, 2011 – AREVA Presentation – The Fukushima Daiichi Incident (enformable.com)