Supermarket chain Aeon Co. will expand its range of foodstuffs subject to radiation checks and yank any items with even trace levels.
Any food items with more than 50 becquerels of radiation have been removed from shelves, even though the government set the safety standard at 500 becquerels.
Aeon said it will post a list of items found to be contaminated on its website, along with the radiation readings.
Source: ASJ Asahi
- Radiation Bankrupts Japanese Cattle Ranch With $5.6 Billion in Liabilities (enformable.com)
- “Significant” sources of radiation found on UK beach – Long-term plan required to remediate (enformable.com)
- Fukushima Disaster Produces World’s Worst Nuclear Sea Contamination Ever – Over 27.1 Peta-Becquerels of Cs-137 entered Pacific Ocean (enformable.com)
- Honest Japanese Food Retail outlet displays radiation levels of produce and customers show positive response (enformable.com)
- #Radiation in Japan: Small News and Baseless Rumors (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Chernobyl-induced radiation in the Black Sea peaked at about 1,000 becquerels per cubic meter – By contrast, radiation after Fukushima peaked at more than 100,000 becquerels per cubic meter (enformable.com)
- Japanese Government has “always known” about concentrated radiation hot spots discovered In Tokyo, Yokohama (enformable.com)
- One Japanese Parents Fight To Keep Childrens Food Radiation Free At School (enformable.com)
- Latest Hot Spot Findings Lead Tokyo Officials To Begin Monitoring Food in Stores (enformable.com)
- STRANGE: Japan gov’t says 170 uSv/h at Tokyo supermarket from radium… AND BOTTLES (Again) (enenews.com)