From: Rudland, David
March 11,2011 10:54 AM
To: ‘Bud Brust’
Subject: RE: Fukushima Daiichi Reactors
No, at this point, all we know is that they are struggling to shut down the plant.
We all need to say a prayer…
From: Bud Brust [mailto:bbrustOemc-sq.coml
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 10:50 AM
To: Rudland, David Subject:
FW: Fukushima Daiichi Reactors
Dave, I have been following this -do you have any new information?
From: Bud Brust
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 10:08 AM
To: Bob Kurth; Do Jun Shim; Elizabeth Kurth; Gary Hattery; Gery Wilkowski; Jim Kennedy; Keith Wichman; Mo Uddin; Prabhat Krishnaswamy; Rita Wilkowski; Sureshkumar Kalyanam; Tao Zhang; Yunior Hioe
Subject: Fukushima Daiichi Reactors
For those of you that are following the massive earthquake that occurred in Japan and its effect on the Fukuchima Daiichi plant, here is an update.
This is a 6 unit BWR.
Apparently, when the sensors recorded the massive nature (8.9 Richter scale -the 5th largest ever recorded), it properly set in motion the shutdown procedures for the units.
Apparently an emergency cooling pump in one of the units failed to work properly. They are slowly trying to cool the unit.
As a precautionary measure, they have evacuated upwards of 3000 people near the plant.
Let us all hope all goes well during the subsequent shutdown of this unit and it can be properly cooled down.
- Impact of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster on Nuclear Industry in the United States (enformable.com)
- March 12th 2011 – Core Damage at Unit 1 Prior to Explosion (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Status of Fukushima Daiichi and Daini with Supplementary Materials (enformable.com)
- Modeling the Dispersion of Radioelements from the Fukushima Power Plant into the Sea (enformable.com)
- Post-Fukushima, Japanese Official sees crisis as war between humans and technology (enformable.com)
- Lithuanian Visaginas Nuclear Power Plant to Use Fukushima Daiichi-style BWR Reactors (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Message from Japanese Scientist – Fukushima serious containment issues (enformable.com)
- Diablo Canyon Nuclear in Light of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster (enformable.com)
- The lack of nuclear efficiency – Unable to affect share of global electricity or greenhouse gases (enformable.com)
- WMO support to nuclear emergency from the Fukushima Daiichi NPP accident (enformable.com)
- April 2011 – Risk versus Concern – Public Health Messaging of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Incident (enformable.com)
- June 8-10, 2011 – How to tackle wet deposition of radionuclides? (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – We do not have sufficient information to compare US & Japanese batteries (enformable.com)
- Over 4,000 electronic dosimeters destroyed by Tsunami at Fukushima Daiichi leaving only 500 (enformable.com)
- What is the future of nuclear power in Japan? Area residents reject Nuclear Power (enformable.com)