From: Cullingford, Michael
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 8:32 AM
To: Leeds, Eric; Grobe, Jack; Boger, Bruce; McGinty, Tim; Regan, Christopher; Astwood,
Heather; Hopkins, Jon; Quinones, Lauren; Brown, Frederick; Cheok, Michael; Lubinski, John;
Ruland, William; Giitter, Joseph; Holian, Brian
Subject: FW: Fukushima I Unit 2
From: Hidehiko Yamachika [mailto:yamachika-hidehikojines-usa.orr4
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 7:17 AM
To: 'Hidehiko Yamachika'; Emche, Danielle; Foggie, Kirk; Cullingford, Michael
Cc: aono-kenjiro.jnes-usa.orq;; Michael W. Chinworth
Subject: RE: Fukushima I Unit 2
I came back.
TEPCO said that they started injection of sea water to unit 2 at 5:20am in EDT, but the injection does not work well. All of fuels seem to be uncovered.
March 15th, 2011 - IAEA Chief - "Limited Core Damage at Unit 2...less than 5%"
Yukiya Amano, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, told a news conference that there was a "possibility of core damage" at unit 2. "The damage is estimated to be less than 5 pct."
March 15th, 2011 - NISA - No.2 fuel estimated 33% damaged
Plumes of white smoke hung over the Fukushima nuclear complex Wednesday morning, possibly from the plant's No. 3 reactor. Officials for the Tokyo Electric Power Co. said they did not know the cause of the smoke, but suggested it could be steam.
Meanwhile, Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said an estimated 70% of the nuclear fuel rods have been damaged at the No. 1 reactor and 33% at the No. 2 reactor.
Source: LA Times
- March 27th, 2011 - NRC, GE, EPRI, INPO, Naval Reactors, and DOE Fukushima Severe Accident Management Measures (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 - TEPCO Started Sea Water Injection But Does Not Work Well - All of fuels seem to be uncovered in Unit 2 (enformable.com)
- April 2011 - Fukushima Reactor 3 - Questions about RPV/Containment (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 - They are struggling to shut down the plant - We all need to say a prayer (enformable.com)
- TEPCO Earthquake Information Update as of March 14, 2300(JST) - Fukushima Daini Unit 1 in Cold Shutdown - All Fuel Became Uncovered AGAIN (enformable.com)
- Airborne Radiation Dose Measured at 1st floor of Fukushima Daiichi Unit 3 (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 - BBC is reporting radiation levels at reactor are 1000x normal. I feel like crying. (enformable.com)
- The Fukushima Daiichi Incident and Earthquake Presentation (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 - Core Exposed at #2 Fukushima Daiichi (enformable.com)
- March 31st, 2011 - Six US Nuclear Power Plants under intensive review after Fukushima - Why these six? (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 - Eric Leeds Update on Problems at Fukushima Daiichi (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 - NRC Was Getting "Realtime" Information From NISA and JNES - Most Recent Information Forwarded to NSIR (enformable.com)
- The lack of nuclear efficiency - Unable to affect share of global electricity or greenhouse gases (enformable.com)
- Impact of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster on Nuclear Industry in the United States (enformable.com)
- WMO support to nuclear emergency from the Fukushima Daiichi NPP accident (enformable.com)
- March 18th, 2011 - Everyone in NRC is getting their emails FOIA'ed by AP - This should be fun (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 - Frustrating but we have little factual info as an agency (enformable.com)
- April 2011 - Risk versus Concern - Public Health Messaging of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Incident (enformable.com)