From: Circle, Jeff
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 6:26 PM
To: Ward, Leonard InCX’Q
Subject: Containment Failure Values
Here are some values from the James A. Fitzpatrick IPE PRA (licensee updated):
Drywell failure probability with DW at > 30 psig, high H2 concentration and deflagration burn – 0.61.
Drywell failure probability with DW at > 30 psig, medium H2 concentration and deflagration burn-0.057
Drywell failure probability with high DW pressure, low RPV pressure – 0.016.
Pedestal melt-through given wet drywell and superheated debris 0.84
Some of these are related to the conditions at Fukushima – long term SBO, complete loss of decay heat removal, loss of injection and no containment venting. If they vent containment and not ignite hydrogen, the failure probability drops off significantly, For clarification, I will check this against the analysis in NUREG/CR-4550 on Wednesday morning.
- March 23rd, 2011 – Check Water Levels in Drywell With Acoustics (enformable.com)
- NINE MILE POINT N.Y. nuclear facility, a leakage has been reported (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Smoke from Reactor 3 May Be Nuclear Heat From Undesired Criticality (enformable.com)
- March 24th, 2011 – Concerns Reactor 3 Containment Failed – Any assessment of I-131/Cs-137 (enformable.com)
- Important – Keep language professional, objective, avoid use of extreme opinion,careless hyperbole (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – NRC 23:15 Telecon Fukushima – Reactor 2 containment pressure almost double of design basis (enformable.com)
- April 2nd, 2011 – Estimated 10-30%/daily drywell turnover leakage from failed penetrations – Please delete after reading (enformable.com)
- March 17th 2011- All the Troublesome Reactor Venting and How to Prevent It (enformable.com)
- April 2nd, 2011 – Reactor 1 uncontrolled depressurization/leak – Dose rate of 27 R/hr found – Radiation Level at Reactor 2 measured over 100 R/hr (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Questions on Boric Acid Solubility in Seawater (enformable.com)
- September 30th, 2011 – High Radiation in Unit 1 after ‘Earthquake’ – 512 Sv/h (enformable.com)
- March 30th, 2011 – Consortium should revisit reactor strategy based on current plant conditions (enformable.com)
- April 1st, 2011 – FOIA from Greenpeace – Should we treat this the same way as other similar FOIAs? (enformable.com)
- April 01, 2011 – FYI on Unit 4 SFP new video footage (enformable.com)