From: Hawkins, Kimberly
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 4:56 PM
To: Li, Yong
Subject: RE: quick Summary of the Hongshu earthquake in Japan
From: Li, Yong
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 12:16 PM
To: Manoly, Kamal; Hawkins, Kimberly
Subject: FW: quick Summary of the Hongshu earthquake in Japan
The following is based on the telephone call between the JNES staff and his office in Japan, and still they are considered preliminary information.
Onagawa Nuclear power plant had a fire in the basement. Ground motion recorded at the site is around 0.5 g.
Fukushima Unit 1 had a cooling system failure and residents within 2 or 5 (I forgot) km radius were asked to evacuate.
You can find the location of the plants in the attached map.
Besides, US Diablo Canyon power plant in CA was expecting a 1 meter tsunami at 10:30 AM.
- March 11th, 2011 – Japan initiates emergency protocol after earthquake (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – Plant Seismic information to Support NRC Hearing on Wednesday (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – I’m sure you have heard about the 8.9 earthquake off the coast of Japan – We should be prepared to brief on our tsunami research. Maybe also seismic. (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – Congressional Research Service – Fukushima Nuclear Crisis (enformable.com)
- September 23, 2011 – Congressional Research Service – Japan-U.S. Relations: Issues for Congress (enformable.com)