From: Astwood. Heather
To: Regan Christopher
Subject: Question Japan Status
Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:00:00 PM
Have you heard anything about the most recent status?
Are we still looking at a possible total meltdown and big release? I do not like being at home and not hearing things.
HEATHER ASTWOOD NAMED AS NRC NUCLEAR SAFETY ATTACHÉ
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has named Ms. Heather Astwood as the agency’s new Nuclear Safety Attaché at the U.S. Mission to International Organizations in Vienna, Austria. As attaché, she will serve as the U.S. Mission’s expert on nuclear safety issues and programs and provide programmatic and policy oversight of the International Atomic Energy Agency’s safety program on behalf of the United States.Ms. Astwood will assume the attaché position formally in October.
She will replace Mr. James Linville who will be returning to the NRC’s Office of International Programs in October.Ms. Astwood is currently serving as Commissioner Edward McGaffigan’s Executive Assistant and Chief of Staff. She joined the NRC in 1991 as an intern in the Office of Nuclear Material Safety and Safeguards.
She has served as a geochemist, an environmental reviewer, a project manager, and acting supervisor in the areas of nuclear waste management and fuel cycle safety and safeguards.
She has also worked in another Commissioner’s office and in three of NRC’s regional offices.Ms. Astwood received her bachelor’s degree in geology from Clemson University in 1989 and her master’s degree in nuclear geochemistry from the University of South Carolina in 1991.
- March 15th, 2011 – NRC debates INES levels 3 days prior to actual upgrade to Level 5 (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Concrete Damage Inspection Experts (enformable.com)
- April 1st, 2011 – NRC Near-term Division Activities and Farewell Theodore R. Quay (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – German GRS Reached Out to NRC “asking for fast action to help combat the shutdown of seven reactors in Germany in wake of the Japan events” (enformable.com)
- March 18th, 2011 – Everyone in NRC is getting their emails FOIA’ed by AP – This should be fun (enformable.com)
- March 21st, 2011 – Some questions have come up regarding the integrity of the SFP liner (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – People might start asking about designs & start to obstruct renewal processes (enformable.com)
- March 28th, 2011 – I am trying to understand the information you sent Andrea on Friday, 3/25 regarding staff who are working on the Japan event (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Response to what are we not getting done – Patrick Hiland (enformable.com)
- Inside the Browns Ferry Nuclear Power Plant – TVA (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Why only running MACCS out to 50 miles? Should run to see if we should increase recommended evacuation zone (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Contractors working with tsunami-related projects (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – All of fuels seem to be uncovered at Unit 2 – Contrasts MSM Message (enformable.com)
- Acceptable Risk? – Health Consequences of a Nuclear Accident (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – NRR Staff Travel Reimbursement Strategy (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Frustrating but we have little factual info as an agency (enformable.com)