From: Pires, Jose
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:30 PM
To: Graves, Herman
Subject: FW: Earthquake
Please see the email below from Gene Corley. They are experts (were closely related to the Portland Cement Association) on most aspects of concrete materials, damage detection, repairs, etc. We still have a contract with them (Dr. Gene Corley was one of the contractors for the AP1 000).
If the NRC has interest on contacting a worldwide expert on concrete and construction this is a possibility to consider.
From: Corley, Gene [mailto:GCorleyvctlgroup.com1
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 12:20 PM
To: Pires, Jose
Cc: Kolf, Peter
Subject: RE: Earthquake
Our firm and I would be pleased to participate in the efforts to assist in Japan. As you know, we have expertise in damage detection and repair.
If youhear of any need for assistance, we have people who can be sent immediately.
- April 1st, 2011 – The Japanese Nuclear Incident: Technical Aspects – for your awareness (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – NRC Response to Core Damage Accident in Japan (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Gary briefed me before the press rediscovered the issues (enformable.com)
- April 1st, 2011 – Bet the Japanese wished they had used more of these… (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Message from Japanese Scientist – Fukushima serious containment issues (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Contractors working with tsunami-related projects (enformable.com)
- March 18th, 2011 – Requesting data on Fukushima – Total release fractions and retention (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Is our [U.S.] battery backup power less effective than the Japanese? (enformable.com)
- March 29, 2011 – Can you help by providing an “expert” on TMI melted fuel removal techniques? (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – I’m surprised the turbine buildings held up – Can’t find the diesels (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Tsunami documents from RES – ML072920474 – ML082960196 (enformable.com)
- March 28th, 2011 – I am trying to understand the information you sent Andrea on Friday, 3/25 regarding staff who are working on the Japan event (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Response Program-Event/Response (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Why only running MACCS out to 50 miles? Should run to see if we should increase recommended evacuation zone (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – I hope you slept well – you have bigger fish to fry (e.g., Reactors in Japan). (enformable.com)