From: Kern, David \
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 2:23 PM
To: Henderson, Pamela
Cc: Bamford, Peter; Bellamy, Ronald; Heinly, Justin
Subject: RE: 1-131 detected at TMI
All Exelon sites are enhancing their offsite monitoring after the Japan event. As part of this TMI monitors rainwater for gamma, every time their sample location collects 1000 milliliter. Yesterday they had sufficient rain water collection to perform analysis.
Location:TMI employee parking lot (about 150 yards outside of protected area) on Three Mile Island,
Result: 95 picocuries/liter Iodine-131
TMI mentioned that similar samples taken about 6 miles from Limerick were approximately 90-100 picocuries/liter 1-131.
TMI will now begin checking their normal weekly offsite air samples for gamma, in addition to the gross-beta analysis previously done.
TMI will also now begin checking their biweekly milk samples for gamma.
From: Henderson, Pamela
Sent: Thursday, March 24, •011 2:14 PM
To: Kern, David
Subject: 1-131 detected at TMI
I heard that Iodine-1 31 was-detected at TMI? If so, can you give me the activity (picocuries per liter) detected and where it was detected?
- June 30th, 2011 – Update on a Review of REMP Direct Radiation Programs and ANSI N13.37 (enformable.com)
- Nuclear Power Safety Expert – Consider TMI Chernobyl and Fukushima as warnings of greater catastrophes to come (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – NRC 23:15 Telecon Fukushima – Reactor 2 containment pressure almost double of design basis (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Response to what are we not getting done – Gerard Purciarello (enformable.com)
- March 13th 2011 – Detailed Report of Plant Status At Fukushima Daini As of 2:00 AM March 14th JST (enformable.com)
- Fukushima Still Spiraling Out of Control – Air and Ocean Contamination Likely to Continue While Groundwater Contamination Is Concerning to Experts (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – Wondering About Details of Primary Pressure – Why don’t we get test messages during drills? (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Response to what are we not getting done – Melanie Galloway (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Indications of Breach of Containment at Reactor 2 (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Response to what are we not getting done – Samuel Miranda (enformable.com)
- NRC High Importance Notice Responding To Fukushima Disaster on March 11th (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – Radioactive Steam Could Be Released From Fukushima Daiichi After NRC Knew Temperature in Reactor 1 Fuel Rods Up 50% Above Normal Levels (enformable.com)