From: Bowman, Eric
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:37 AM
To: Mensah, Tanya; Alexion, Thomas
Cc: Purnell, Blake; Hawes, Cathy; Russell, Andrea; Rosenberg, Stacey; Beaulieu, David; Nguyen,
Quynh; Meighan, Sean; Blount, Tom; Stuchell, Sheldon; Markley, Anthony; Banic, Merrilee
Subject: RE: COLLECTIVE DPR/PGCB EFFORT: QUICK TURNAROUND
I’ve got a short turnaround tasking and a Commission briefing for April I’m working on right now, so won’t be able to coordinate this. When I looked at the generic comms portion of the public web site yesterday I did see 3 INs on the subject, IN 86-32, IN 86-33 and IN 86-32 Supplement 1 as an initial input, but that was just the ones with Chernobyl in the titles.
From: Mensah, Tanya
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:29 AM
To: Bowman, Eric; Alexion, Thomas
Cc: Purnell, Blake; Hawes, Cathy; Russell, Andrea; Rosenberg, Stacey; Beaulieu, David; Nguyen, Quynh; Meighan, Sean;
Blount, Tom; Stuchell, Sheldon; Markley, Anthony; Banic, Merrilee
Subject: COLLECTIVE DPR/PGCB EFFORT: QUICK TURNAROUND
Good morning DPR/PGCB:
Sean Meighan (DORL TA) just called me. He needs our support to help identify per Jack Grobe, “all Generic Communications associated with Chernobyl” . I asked Sean if there was a deadline to provide this information. Jack Grobe has not specified that information and at the moment this is all the information that both Sean and Quynh have. I will be in meetings this morning from about 9 – noon.
Eric and Tom A.: Please advise me if you can coordinate so that collectively, PGCB can provide some feedback to Sean and Quynh as soon as possible. As soon as they have more information (or a deadline), they will provide it to us.
I have copied Sheldon and Tony, in the event that they have gathered this information in the past and can quickly refer us to it.
Thanks all for your support,
Tanya M. Mensah, Sr. Project Manager (PM)
2.206 Coordinator & Generic Communications Program Manager
Generic Communications and Power Uprate Branch (PGCB)
Division of Policy and Rulemaking (DPR)
Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation (NRR)
Email: tanya.mensah(,nrc. gov
- March 23rd, 2011 – DPRs IMPACT ON NORMAL ACTIVITY WHILE RESPONDINGTO JAPAN NP CRISIS (enformable.com)
- March 17th, 2011 – What you ask for, isn’t always what you get – How the NRC internally communicates about the Freedom of Information Act (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Can Anyone Get Tony Some Clothes? We should do whatever we need to do to get this reimbursed asap – He’s In Japan Assisting With Fukushima Efforts (enformable.com)
- March 14th 2011 – Confirmation of names for Japan (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – NRC Radiological Health Physics and Plume Modeling Expert Worked at Fukushima in the 1980s (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Where the NRC deeply regrets MSNBC’s reporter using the GI 199 Data against them (enformable.com)
- March 15th 2011 – NRC does not have a take on checking planes from Japan for radiation contamination in Hawaii (enformable.com)
- March 13th, 2011 – NRC to Chairman BWR Owners Group – Do you have any info?? (enformable.com)