From: Conatser, Richard I Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 3:31 PM To: Jimenez, Manuel Subject: Info For Undine From: infoccnsc-ccsn.qc.ca Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 11:42 PM To: Conatser, Richard Subject: CNSC releases information on the current radiation dose rates in Canada following the events in Japan
Following the current events at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station in Japan, the CNSC is now providing data from Health Canada’s fixed radiation monitors which are located across Canada. These monitors detect radiation levels in the environment which are typically at natural background levels. The data does not show an increase over and above the normal day to day fluctuations. However, very minute levels of isotopes in the radiation have been attributed to the release in Japan. The actual increase in radiation measured was 0.0005 pSv, which is so small that it is extremely difficult to measure against normal background radiation. The levels of radiation detected do not pose a health risk to Canadians.
The CNSC has access to this data and continues to monitor it on a daily basis.
Find out more: http://www.nuclearsafety.qc.ca/eng/mediacentre/updates/march-23-201 1-iapanearthquake- radiation-dose-rates-in-canada.cfm
For all the latest CNSC news, visit the CNSC’s homepage at http:l/www.nuclearsafety.qc.ca/enq/
You have received this message as a result of your subscription to the CNSC Web site. To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe, please go to: http://www.nuclearsafety.,qc.ca/eng/newsroom/subscription/
If you experience any difficulties in accessing the CNSC Web site, please contact [email protected] gc.ca.
Health Physicist Nuclear Regulatory Commission 301-415-4039 Richard .Conatser@ N RC.gov
- March 29th, 2011 – The SAMGs are specially designed for this situation, why are people trying to seem like no clear direction? (enformable.com)
- Officials Give Another Fuzzy Claim About Setagaya radiation dose measurements, again ‘no health hazard’ despite jumping from 110 uSv/hr to 170 uSv/hr (enformable.com)
- June 30th, 2011 – Update on a Review of REMP Direct Radiation Programs and ANSI N13.37 (enformable.com)
- March 26th, 2011 – NRC Japan Team Reactor Issues Alignment Plan (enformable.com)
- March 30th, 2011 – Consortium should revisit reactor strategy based on current plant conditions (enformable.com)
- April 1st, 2011 – The Japanese Nuclear Incident: Technical Aspects – for your awareness (enformable.com)
- March 17th, 2011 – NGA Center in DC Requests NRC Expert Speaker for 3/22 or 3/23 and 4/4 (enformable.com)
- March 31, 2011 – Hey Everyone! We Made the Onion! (enformable.com)
- March 31st, 2011 – We may get inquiries after recent stories of radioactive traces in milk – direct to links (enformable.com)
- April 01, 2011 – FYI on Unit 4 SFP new video footage (enformable.com)
- Over 4,000 electronic dosimeters destroyed by Tsunami at Fukushima Daiichi leaving only 500 (enformable.com)