Officials with the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission will discuss construction at the Watts Bar nuclear plant in a meeting next Tuesday afternoon.
According to a release, the meeting will start at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday November 8th at a Comfort Inn on Decatur Pike in Athens.
Officials will explain the construction schedule and challenges they could face before a question and answer section.
The plant, in Spring City, is expected to be done with construction in 2013. TVA officials originally stopped construction on the unit in 1985. In August of 2007, officials decided to complete the project.
- Supervisor at Watts Bar Nuclear Power Plant Arrested for Possession of Controlled Substance with Intent to Distribute (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Response to what are we not getting done – Anthony Mendiola (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Response to what are we not getting done – Samuel Miranda (enformable.com)
- Browns Ferry Nuclear Power Plant Turbine Trip and SCRAM leave station on offsite power (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – Radioactive Steam Could Be Released From Fukushima Daiichi After NRC Knew Temperature in Reactor 1 Fuel Rods Up 50% Above Normal Levels (enformable.com)
- NRC rejects quick restart at North Anna nuclear plant (enformable.com)
- NRC – Dominion Meeting – Sept. 8: To Discuss Ongoing Post-Earthquake Actions at North Anna Nuclear Power Station (enformable.com)
- NRC not ready to allow restart of North Anna after earthquake – No restart plan given (enformable.com)
- Roundtable debates need for lower power rates, production costs (knoxnews.com)
- NRC requires new look at quake risks for reactors after criticism of official response (enformable.com)