The Ministry has confirmed problem has been detected in Kashiwa, Chiba Prefecture, locally high radiation doses of about 450,000 becquerels per kilogram of Cesium were detected in the highest stratum of 5-10 cm depth from the surface.
The study was conducted on two days this month. The ministry will conduct an additional investigation, such as estimating the extent of pollution.
In the October stratum findings reports only detected about 270,000 becquerels of radioactive cesium at highest reported levels.
- Radiation spread reaches Chiba, Saitama prefectures – Up to 60,000 bq/m3 over 200 km from Fukushima Daiichi (enformable.com)
- Kashiwa City’s Radioactive Dirt: 276,000 Bq/Kg of Cesium (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Above-limit cesium found in 4 tea products from Saitama, Chiba (enformable.com)
- Japanese Officials Deny Newer Radiation Readings and Effects – Expert: Radioactive materials from exposed melted core contaminated soil (enformable.com)
- First time since meltdowns: Surge in radioactive cesium levels cause incinerator near Tokyo to shut down (enenews.com)
- Radiation Survey: Tokyo neighbor cesium approaching levels found in Fukushima – Chiba incinerator dust at 70,800 Bq/kg (enenews.com)
- Cesium Accumulation Higher in Latest Maps From Niigata Prefecture – Up to 30,000 – 60,000 Bq/m3 (enformable.com)
- 195 Bq of Strontium-90 found on rooftop near Yokohama – First time Strontium concentration more than 100 Bq/kg found (enformable.com)
- Radioactive Leaf Tobacco, 217 Bq/Kg of Cesium – 30 Bq greater than after Chernobyl (enformable.com)
- #Radiation in Japan: Southern Miyagi’s Disaster Debris May Be Too Radioactive (ex-skf.blogspot.com)