Regarding requests from GRS
Martin Sonnenkalb at GRS is one of the foremost international MELCOR experts. (he runs MELCOR and is quite knowledgeable)
He already has the MELCOR code and I would be fairly sure he has MELCOR decks for each of the designs GRS has a direct interest in.
Why would he need a Peach Bottom input file? GRS has the capability with the MELCOR code to analyze their own plants.
From: Gibson, Kathy
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:37 AM
To: Santiago, Patricia; Tinkler, Charles; Lee, Richard
Cc: Scott, Michael
Subject: Re: MELCOR input deck for Germany
Hold on, is there someone who can do this besides Charlie? Someone in Richard’s branch?
From: Santiago, Patricia
To: Tinkler, Charles
Cc: Gibson, Kathy; Scott, Michael
Sent: Wed Mar 16 08:33:11 2011
Subject: FW: MELCOR input deck for Germany
Can you email Diane back with your contact information and cc management.
Thanks again Charlie!
From: Uhle, Jennifer
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:22 AM
To: Santiago, Patricia; Gibson, Kathy; Scott, Michael
Subject: Fw: MELCOR input deck for Germany
We should be able to do this from our aircraft impact SFP work. Charlie knows. J
From: [email protected]
To: Uhle, Jennifer
Sent: Wed Mar 16 08:18:04 2011
Subject: MELCOR input deck for Germany
Hello Jennifer -
How are you? I am sure overly busy with Japan, as many of us are. We have requests for information from all over in many forms.
As I am sure you know, the German government has ordered the shutdown of 7 of their plants that were built before 1980. GRS would like to run MELCOR on Mark 1 containments to fight back with some analysis.
Would NRC/RES be able to share an input deck for Mark 1 containment with GRS? Maybe someone from SOARCA branch could talk with someone in GRS?
If so, I can send along a NRC name and number or I can get my German colleague here to give me the GRS contact, so that NRC can contact GRS directly.
Diane Jackson, Nuclear Safety Specialist
Nuclear Safety Division, OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA)
Tel.: +33 (0)1 45 24 10 55, Diane.Jacksonaoecd.orq
Update your bookmarks! On 1 December 2010, the NEA is moving to: www.oecd-nea.org
- March 16th, 2011 – Assessing SFP Damage – SOARCA – Uncovered Spent Fuel Reports – Leak at Unit 4 SFP (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – German GRS Reached Out to NRC “asking for fast action to help combat the shutdown of seven reactors in Germany in wake of the Japan events” (enformable.com)
- April 19th, 2011 – NISA/TEPCO Meeting – Status of #4 SFP – JNES/Sandia LAb MELCOR Results (enformable.com)
- March 16th 2011 – NRC Admits Zirc Fire Is Possible – But Won’t Release All the Research Data (enformable.com)
- March 19th, 2011 – The NRC gave Michael Scott KI to go to Japan – He probably won’t each much in the way of green leafy veggies while over there. (enformable.com)
- March 21st, 2011 – Chemistry of emissions – Difference between zirc & hydrocarbons fire (enformable.com)