From: King, Mark
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 10:15 AM
To: Burnell, Scott
Cc: Thorp, John; Haskell, Russell
Subject: FW: Dairy results from Duke Energy sites – 1-131 found in dairy samples nearby – (apparently this 1-131 is from the Japan events)
From: Bernardo, Robert
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 9:46 AM
To: Conatser, Richard
Cc: King, Mark; Robles, Jesse
Subject: Dairy results from Duke Energy sites
Region II reported this morning that McGuire, Oconee and Catawba have found 1-131 in dairy samples.
Apparently, Oconee is required to report this to the state, so there wifllbe a 50.72 Event Notice report ý(should see it tomorrow), reporting the results. I don’t know why McGuire and Catawba don’t need to report to the state, but the region did say that Oconee was different and did need to report it. Region also said that they don’t know about any broadleaf vegetable results.
Wanted to give you a head’s up on this, so you’re not caught short when the 50.72 shows up. I’m going to try and get some more information from region 2, but with what I’ve got, I don’t intend to put anything in the screening summary because the details are just too sketchy. I’ll let you know if I get more information.
[toggle_simple title=”Related articles” width=”600″]
- NRC finds Oconee Nuclear backup safety system not functional (enformable.com)
- Nuclear Technician At Oconee Nuclear Power Plant Tested Positived for Alcohol (enformable.com)
- Oconee Nuclear Power Plant Notifies NRC of Breach of Packaging of Radioactive Materials During Transportation (enformable.com)
- Grand Gulf Nuclear – Supervisor confirmed drug test positive (enformable.com)
- April 13th, 2011 – American workers being recruited to work at Fukushima (enformable.com)
- Surry Nuclear Power Plant – Supervisor Access Revoked After Arriving For Duty Over Legal Limit (enformable.com)
- March 28th, 2011 – 3M Information Regarding the Use of Respiratory Protection for Exposures to Airborne Radiation Resulting from the Nuclear Reactor Incident in Japan (enformable.com)