A consortium led by Areva will deliver the digital safety and complementary operational instrumentation & control (I&C) systems for the Tianwan 3 and 4 VVER 1000 MW class reactors.
CHINA: AREVA TO SUPPLY TELEPERM®XS DIGITAL SAFETY INSTRUMENTATION & CONTROL SYSTEM FOR TIANWAN 3 AND 4 NUCLEAR REACTORS
AREVA / GROUP
December 09, 2011
Chinese utility JNPC (Jiangsu Nuclear Power Corporation), a subsidiary of CNNC (China National Nuclear Corporation), renewed its confidence and trust in AREVA by awarding the group a new contract.
A consortium led by AREVA will deliver the digital safety and complementary operational instrumentation & control (I&C) systems for the Tianwan 3 and 4 VVER 1000 MW class reactors. Construction will start in 2012 and commercial operation of both power plant units is scheduled for 2018 and 2019 respectively.
AREVA’s TELEPERM®XS safety-related I&C digital system selected for this project has been in operation in the Tianwan 1 and 2 units since 2007.
Qualified for nuclear I&C applications with maximum safety requirements across worldwide markets, TELEPERM®XS is a state-of-the-art system for different tasks in nuclear power plants: reactor protection, reactor control and limitation, neutron flux measurement, core monitoring, control rod position, control and monitoring, as well as for emergency diesel generators.
Philippe Samama, AREVA’s Installed Base business unit Executive Vice President, said: “We are honored that JNPC has selected once again our TELEPERM®XS safety I&C system that can be used in various reactor models for both new build and retrofit markets. It has proven global references around the world, in particular in China where seven nuclear power plants are already equipped with this technology”.
TELEPERM®XS has been implemented in 11 different reactor types in 14 countries. It is currently being installed, or will be installed in 74 units located on 41 separate sites. Additionally, the installation of the TELEPERM®XS solution in an U.S nuclear plant has recently been recognized as the prestigious Engineering Project of the Year at the 13th Annual Platts Global Energy Awards in the United States.
[toggle_simple title=”Related articles” width=”600″]
- Leaked Documents Show US Lobbying for GE for China building plans for 50 nuclear power plants by 2020 using 60s era technology. (enformable.com)
- AREVA adds thousands of Nigerian Minders to health monitoring program (enformable.com)
- French Nuclear Company Areva Hit by Virus – Hackers May Have Had Consistent Access For Up To Two Years (enformable.com)
- Mainstream Media loudly approves ‘Cool-headed’ Czechs, Areva and others bet on nuclear power for their future (enformable.com)
- TEPCO to ditch faulty Kurion-AREVA equipment to rely solely on Toshiba (and IHI and US’s Shaw)’s SARRY for highly contaminated water treatment. (enformable.com)
- BP – AREVA – Solar Dawn Australia Project: Nuclear Company ‘Manages’ Solar Project (enformable.com)
- Fukushima Disaster Won’t Stop Construction of New Reactors in Europe Says AREVA Chief Officer (enformable.com)
- Kazakhstan and France Agree to Open Nuclear Fuel Plant with AREVA (enformable.com)
- Areva in financial crisis forced to suspend uranium production at Malvesi and Tricastin for at least 2 months (enformable.com)
- Areva to sell first bond since Fukushima disaster – Shares have fallen 38% this year | Areva’s BBB+ rating outlook was cut to negative in August (enformable.com)
- Areva subsidiary fined over polluting groundwater after uranium spill being reported late to nuclear safety authorities (enformable.com)
- After Fukushima: AREVA and the United States – Nuclear Option – or Nuclear Crusade? (enformable.com)