From: Mitchell, Matthew
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:35 PM
To: Cusumano. ViIctor
I don’t believe there is anyone in DCO, except perhaps yourself, who has the expertise in BWR operations and severe accident mitigation which would be particularly helpful regarding the Fukushima event.
Im available if they need expertise in our area, but I don’t see that being in play at the moment.
From: McMurtray, Anthony
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 4:57 PM
To: Ruland, William
Cc: Thomas, Brian; Lubinski, John; Lupold, Timothy; Mitchell, Matthew; Taylor, Robert
Subject: BWR Expertise for Reactor Events in Japan
At this time. the onl individual that I am aware of in DCI with BWR Expertise is me. Please feel free to reach me atl (b)(6) if you need support this weekend.
I would also recommend that you try to get in touch with RES to see if Syed Ali or any of the other research staff that participated in the SOARCA study at Peach Bottom are available. They may have better insights into the on-going issues at the Japanese reactors than many individuals from NRR with BWR experience.
[toggle_simple title=”Related articles” width=”600″]
- March 14th, 2011 – NRC Radiological Health Physics and Plume Modeling Expert Worked at Fukushima in the 1980s (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Japan Requested US Supply 6 BWR 3 & 4 Experts to Assist in ‘Hour of Need’ at 2 different EOC locations (enformable.com)
- March 13th, 2011 – NRC to Chairman BWR Owners Group – Do you have any info?? (enformable.com)
- March 15th 2011 – Table of BWR’s Mark I (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – NRC circulating requests for former BWR operators (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Gary briefed me before the press rediscovered the issues (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Response to what are we not getting done – Anthony Mendiola (enformable.com)
- What Happened in Fukushima – a Technical Perspective (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – SES needs to make decision on concerns related to NPSH Credit for BWR Mark 1′s (enformable.com)
- March 25th, 2011- Issues with seawater in a BWR – Crack growth rate found to be 30 times higher than KAPL paper (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Response to what are we not getting done – Patrick Hiland (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – SPAR Hazard Models – LOOPPWR:40-10 (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – What to do with respect to Potassium Iodide for those going to Japan? (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Response to what are we not getting done – Melanie Galloway (enformable.com)
- The Fukushima Daiichi Incident and Earthquake Presentation (enformable.com)