From: Circle, Jeff I –
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 6:32 PM
To: .A .’YahoojPohida, Marie; Zoulis, Antonios: Ferrante, Fernando; Vail, James
Subject: .kzv-RE- lking Points on Implications of Fukushima Accident to U.S. Nuclear Plants
Follow Up Flag: Follow up
Flag Status: Flagged
Thanks Jeff but, over the last three days, I am all talking pointed out! I just wrote part of the Chairman‘s press conference words at the White House this afternoon. You can see the back of my head on the public website – flesh-colored yarmulke and all.
Things are not good and the Japanese have finally requested our assistance but, are still very secretive.
This is the TBW sequence (prolonged SBO with no containment heat removal) that we’ve all dreaded.
From: Yahoo (b)(6)
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 7:47 AM
To: Cathy Lemp; Pohida, Marie; Zoulis, Antonios; Circle, Jeff; Ferrante, Fernando; Kip Mitman; Leslie Mitman; Mark
Mitman; Vail, James
Subject: Fwd: Talking Points on Implications of Fukushima Accident to U.S. Nuclear Plants
A useful perspective when thinking and talking about Fukushima.
Begin forwarded message:
From: “Joe Colvin” Date: March 14,2011 1:31:45 AM EDT
To: “Mr. Jeffrey T. Mitman” I(b)(6)
Subject: Talking Points on Implications of Fukushima Accident to U.S. Nuclear Plants
Dear ANS Members:
Over the last two days, the ANS Crisis Communications team has been very proactive and has handled a multitude of media and press calls. ANS spokespersons have participated in national television, radio and press interviews providing the views of the nuclear science and technology experts within the Society. We are particularly grateful to Dr. Dale Klein who has given tremendous support to the Society and the public in response to the events at Fukushima.
We have begun fielding media inquiries about the implications of the problems at Fukushima on the US program. We have prepared the attached talking points to assist responders to this line of questions. The talking points are consistent with the talking points prepared by the Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI) on the same subject.
Thank you all for your strong support!
[toggle_simple title=”Related articles” width=”600″]
- March 15th, 2011 – Fukushima event sequences may be 2-40-13 or 2-40-18 in seismic bin-3 SBO event tree. (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – SPAR Hazard Models – LOOPPWR:40-10 (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Modelling Seismic Event Sequences like the one that happened to Fukushima (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Abnormal noise emanating from nearby pressure suppression chamber (enformable.com)
- Search for missing still undergoing as last evacuation shelters closed in Fukushima (enformable.com)
- Study Concludes: Fukushima will have major impact on nuclear – Chronic Institutional Failures (enformable.com)
- March 13th, 2011 – Talking Points on Implications of Fukushima Accident to U.S. Nuclear Plants (enformable.com)
- March 31st, 2011 – Six US Nuclear Power Plants under intensive review after Fukushima – Why these six? (enformable.com)
- The Fukushima Daiichi Incident and Earthquake Presentation (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – We do not have sufficient information to compare US & Japanese batteries (enformable.com)
- Impact of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster on Nuclear Industry in the United States (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – All of fuels seem to be uncovered at Unit 2 – Contrasts MSM Message (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Is our [U.S.] battery backup power less effective than the Japanese? (enformable.com)
- The lack of nuclear efficiency – Unable to affect share of global electricity or greenhouse gases (enformable.com)