From: Baker, Merritt
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:23 AM
To: Smith, Brian; Habighorst, Peter; Tschiltz, Michael; Bailey, Marissa; Johnson, Robert; Silva, Patricia
Cc: Rodriguez, Rafael
Subject: update from GNF-A
This morning I received an update from Julie Olivier at GNF-A:
They have established a GE Command Center to assist GNF-J (Global Nuclear Fuel – Japan) and Hitachi with events in Japan. It is NOT in their regular site emergency center, in case a local emergency requires manning it.
They also had a “hard” power outage on Friday, which affected:
PACS (Personnel Access Control System) – as a result, only limited access to the controlled area is allowed FBS (Fuel Business System (MC&A System)) – as a result, there are no SNM movements. A physical inventory was started. Steps are being performed to recover stored data.
GLE (Global Laser Enrichment) is standalone and is unaffected.
GNF-A hopes to have all systems restored by the end of the day.
[toggle_simple title=”Related articles” width=”600″]
- March 23rd, 2011 – Response to what are we not getting done – Anthony Mendiola (enformable.com)
- Nuclear Industry on Shakey Ground – Reactors could fail during an earthquake, GE Hitachi says (enformable.com)
- March 12th, 2011 – NRC folks following this issue outside of the Op center can’t really tell what is going on – GEH had over 70 employees onsite at the time of the quake (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – NRC circulating requests for former BWR operators (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Classified as OUO documents – BWR zirc fire data (enformable.com)
- March 16th 2011 – NRC Admits Zirc Fire Is Possible – But Won’t Release All the Research Data (enformable.com)
- March 18th, 2011 – Everyone in NRC is getting their emails FOIA’ed by AP – This should be fun (enformable.com)
- March 29, 2011 – Can you help by providing an “expert” on TMI melted fuel removal techniques? (enformable.com)
- March 23rd, 2011 – Response to what are we not getting done – Samuel Miranda (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – NRC Radiological Health Physics and Plume Modeling Expert Worked at Fukushima in the 1980s (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – Premonitions of North Anna EQ – Why does the NRC have confidence that an eq greater than DB cannot occur in the US (enformable.com)
- Grand Gulf Nuclear – Supervisor confirmed drug test positive (enformable.com)