From: Ferrante, Fernando 1~#
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:59 AM
To: Ferrante, Fernando
Follow Up Flag: Follow up
Flag Status: Flagged
Press Release (Mar 16,2011)
Transfer of Fukushima Dai-ichi Power Station Workers
At approximately 6:00 today, an abnormal noise began emanating from nearby the pressure suppression chamber of Fukushima Dai-ichi Power Station.
Given that the pressure within this chamber had decreased, it was believed that this was an indication that an abnormality had arisen. From this point on, while water injection operations are still underway, the temporary transfer to a safe place of TEPCO employees and workers from other companies not directly involved with this work has begun. Currently, at Fukushima Dai-ichi Power Station, the remaining workers are doing their best to secure the safety and security of the site.
The parameters for Unit 2′s nuclear containment vessel and the containment vessel show no significant change.
We are aware of and sincerely apologize for the great distress and inconvenience this incident has caused to not just those inhabitants residing in the immediate vicinity but also society at large.
- TEPCO denies reports to decommission Fukushima Daiichi Units 5 and 6 (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – Fukushima event sequences may be 2-40-13 or 2-40-18 in seismic bin-3 SBO event tree. (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – Looks like RCIC at Fukushima Daiichi Unit 2 has failed. (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – NRC internally frustrated by lack of better response to ‘biased (MSNBC) report’ (enformable.com)
- Quake hits Japan’s Fukushima prefecture – 70 miles from Fukushima Dai-ichi (enformable.com)
- March 14th, 2011 – SPAR Hazard Models – LOOPPWR:40-10 (enformable.com)