We’ve discussed internally, and the documents are approved for distribution to IRSN (but not for further distribution outside of IRSN). .Attached are the cover pages to the documents under consideration. Do you have them readily available to send to IRSN? If not, I can go through ADAMS and collect the documents one by one.
International Relations Specialist
Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research (RES)
US Nuclear Regulatory Commission
From: Gauntt, Randall 0
To: ‘CLEMENT Bernard’ ; Lee, Richard; Tinkler, Charles
Cc: ‘VOLA Didier’ ; ‘BONNET Jean-Michel’
Sent: Thu Mar 17 12:02:44 2011
Subject: RE: Fukushima
From: CLEMENT Bernard [mailto:bernard.clement(irsn.fr]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:47 AM
To: Gauntt, Randall 0
Cc: VOLA Didier; BONNET Jean-Michel
As you may imagine, we are looking at the possible accident progression in Fukushima power plant. A t the time being we are looking at the problem of the spent fuel storage pool of reactor #4.
We will make evaluations of the consequences of the loss of water for different scenarios of emptying, calculate heat-up and associated source term.
You certainly have made such evaluations in the past using MELCOR calculations. So i have the following question: would it be possible for you to send us some results so as we can make cross-comparisons with our results.
You can certainly understand that this is an urgent request.
IRSN/DPAM/SEMIC Bt 702
Tel + 33 4 42 19 94 70
Fax + 33442 1991 67
- April 2011 – Projected External Doses for Fukushima Fallout Zone (enformable.com)
- March 15th 2011 – Table of BWR’s Mark I (enformable.com)
- Fukushima Disaster Produces World’s Worst Nuclear Sea Contamination Ever – Over 27.1 Peta-Becquerels of Cs-137 entered Pacific Ocean (enformable.com)
- What Happened in Fukushima – a Technical Perspective (enformable.com)
- March 18th, 2011 – Everyone in NRC is getting their emails FOIA’ed by AP – This should be fun (enformable.com)
- Impact of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster on Nuclear Industry in the United States (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Assessing SFP Damage – SOARCA – Uncovered Spent Fuel Reports – Leak at Unit 4 SFP (enformable.com)
- March 18th, 2011 – Requesting data on Fukushima – Total release fractions and retention (enformable.com)
- TEPCO denies reports to decommission Fukushima Daiichi Units 5 and 6 (enformable.com)
- March 18th, 2011 – NRC Systems Analyst – 3 reactors with exposed fuel SFP Questionable (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – NRC debates INES levels 3 days prior to actual upgrade to Level 5 (enformable.com)
- March 21st, 2011 – Clarification and assessment of potential radiological release source terms for Fukushima Units 3&4 spent fuel pools (enformable.com)
- Fukushima Daiichi – Liquid leakage in desalting facility for Reactor 4 SFP (occurred on November 8) (enformable.com)