They did not say exactly when but told us they would let us know should they find ANY traces.
From: Riemer, Kenneth
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:41 PM
To: Scarbeary, April; Ramirez, Frances; Ruiz, Robert; Haeg, Lucas; Murray, Robert; Thomas, Christopher; Voss, Patricia;
Subject: sites monitoring for effects from Japan?
Should you hear of anything your licensees are doing or planning to monitor for any detectable activity from the Japanese events, that would be good info to pass along on our branch call.
Don’t go out of your way looking for this info, .as it’s just a general awareness type of deal. I think everyone has heard that Diablo Canyon detected (barely) stuff from the Japanese event.
There was some thought that Kewaunee might be also trying to see if there was anything detectable by their plant/staff.
[toggle_simple title=”Related articles” width=”600″]
- March 14th, 2011 – Core Damage at R1 Likely – Core Coverage Uncertain – R2 very similar to Quad Cities/Duane Arnold (enformable.com)
- March 24th, 2011 – Fukushima Iodine-131 (Possible Low-Level) Found at Nine Mile Point, Ginna, Diablo Canyon, Limerick NPPS (enformable.com)
- April 12th, 2011 – I-131 Sampling Results in US – Levels Increase (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Prairie Island Confirmation of Radiation from Japan (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – Information more significant than official reports out (enformable.com)
- NRC finds Oconee Nuclear backup safety system not functional (enformable.com)
- March 13th, 2011 – We live in Western (Redacted) I’ve called around and can’t secure KI (enformable.com)
- March 22nd, 2011 – UPDATE from 2000 Telecon on Fukushima Daiichi Events (enformable.com)
- March 31, 2011 – Hey Everyone! We Made the Onion! (enformable.com)