From: Stoedter, Karla
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 10:04 AM
To: Phalen, Martin; Dickson, Billy; Lerch, Robert; Shah, Swetha; Wengert, Thomas; Zurawski, Paul; Barker, Allan;
Logaras, Harral; Mitlyng, Viktoria; Chandrathil, Prema
Subject: slightly elevated 1-131 found in sample at PI
I was informed this morning that PI found a slightly elevated level of 1-131 in one of the samples that were taken following their discussion with Marty Phalen earlier this week.
I do not know the levels of 1-131 or how many samples were taken, but the licensee is planning on contacting Marty to provide that information. It also looks like the licensee will be taking additional samples.
They (the licensee) are discussing the need to make contact with the PIIC regarding taking some samples on the Indian Community property for information and to improve the relationship between the plant and the PIIC.
I am providing this information to you as we may want to be prepared to have additional discussions with the PIIC regarding these samples. I would recommend that we let the licensee make additional contact with the PIIC and then we provide a follow up communication if needed.
I will let you know as I hear more.
Marty, please let us know what you hear from the licensee.
[toggle_simple title=”Related articles” width=”600″]
- April 5th, 2011 – Praire Island Nuclear Power Plant Confirms I-131 from Japan (enformable.com)
- March 30th, 2011 – Michigan confirms radiation from Fukushima detected (enformable.com)
- New NRC protocol after positive I-131 and other isotope samples linked to Fukushima (enformable.com)
- March 24th, 2011 – NRC RIS to licensees on detected Fukushima Radiation (enformable.com)
- April 13th, 2011 – American workers being recruited to work at Fukushima (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – Prairie Island Confirmation of Radiation from Japan (enformable.com)
- April 12th, 2011 – I-131 Sampling Results in US – Levels Increase (enformable.com)