From: McCree. Victor
To: Virqilio. Martin
Cc: Weber. Michael
Subject: NRC Communications on Japanese Earthquake
Date: Friday, March 11, 2011 9:36:47 PM
As I watch the ongoing media reports on the Fukishima reactors, the absence of NRC commentary among the din of speculation and inaccuracies being proffered by “nuclear experts” is noteworthy.
Do we plan any proactive media outreach to offer our perspective?
This email is being sent from an NRC Blackberry device.
- What Happened in Fukushima – a Technical Perspective (enformable.com)
- Browns Ferry Nuclear Power Plant Turbine Trip and SCRAM leave station on offsite power (enformable.com)
- NRC agrees to review US BWR Mark I reactors after public request from Beyond Nuclear (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – Eric Leeds Update on Problems at Fukushima Daiichi (enformable.com)
- March 12th 2011 12:52 PM FOAI Communication – Reactor 1 Water level was known to be below top of active fuel (enformable.com)
- March 16th, 2011 – NRC internally frustrated by lack of better response to ‘biased (MSNBC) report’ (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – NRC 23:15 Telecon Fukushima – Reactor 2 containment pressure almost double of design basis (enformable.com)