From: Shaffer, Mark R
To: LIA02 Hoc; Foaaie. Kirk; Virailio. Martin
Subject: Re: Contacted Lyons
Date: Saturday, March 12, 2011 5:02:59 PM
Okay, thanks Kirk. As I mentioned when we spoke, I passed on NRC’s “concern” and offer for information to Jim Lyons for him to use, as he (IAEA) sees fit. We can only offer assistance, not demand that they take it.
The call this morning didn’t exactly help out in that area.
NRC pushed IEC for a call, then when the call took place, NRC didn’t provide anything, other than asking IEC to provide NRC with information?
Everyone at the IEC (including myself) were a bit disappointed in the call. So its not too surprising that they’re not rushing to the phone again.
Jim is aware of NRC’s (and many other Member State‘s) thirst for information, and I believe he will take the information into consideration at the appropriate time.
Original- M–es-s-ag e —–
From: LIA02 Hoc To: Shaffer, Mark R; Foggie, Kirk ; Virgilio, Martin
Sent: Sat Mar 12 16:40:56 2011
Subject: RE: Contacted Lyons
I spoke to the RST and as of 4pm (est) they had not heard from the IEC. They are ready to assist with tech specs. when they call.
Original -M–es-s-ag e —–
From: Shaffer, Mark R [mailto:ShafferMr(@state.gov]
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2011 2:43 PM
To: Foggie, Kirk; LIA02 Hoc; Virgilio, Martin
Subject: Contacted Lyons
I passed the info. on to Jim Lyons (who is in the iEC now) and I believe IEC will be calling NRC shortly.
[toggle_simple title=”Related articles” width=”600″]
- March 12th, 2011 UPDATE on Fukushima Daiichi – 15:30 telecon – NRC unsuccessful so far in lead role (enformable.com)
- March 26th, 2011 – UPDATE from 0830 Telecon on Fukushima Daiichi Events (enformable.com)
- April 29th, 2011 – NISA asks NRC about TMI reports to IAEA – When, How, How long (enformable.com)
- NRC Response to Events at Fukushima Reactor Site, Japan – As of March 24, 2011 (enformable.com)
- March 12th 2011 12:52 PM FOAI Communication – Reactor 1 Water level was known to be below top of active fuel (enformable.com)
- April 19th, 2011 – The issue of reimbursement for NRC activities is still an issue and the Japanese are invoking the IAEA charter as a basis for no reimbursement (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 – NRC debates INES levels 3 days prior to actual upgrade to Level 5 (enformable.com)
- March 11th, 2011 – What the NRC knew as of 11:00 pm (enformable.com)
- March 15th, 2011 UPDATE: 2000 EDT Telecon on Fukushima Daiichi – Unit 4 New Fire Broken Out – Doses in Area around 30R/hr (enformable.com)
- March 30th, 2011 – Why doesn’t someone convert the metric data for the stupid Americans (enformable.com)