The Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is holding a webinar on Jan. 31 for the public on thedraft report that will analyze the effects of storing spent fuel from nuclear power plants, including Oyster Creek Generation Station, for as long as 200 years.
“The NRC staff is seeking to engage the public regarding the Agency’s plans to develop a draft environmental impact statement for an update of the NRC’s Waste Confidence decision and rule,” a news release from the NRC said.
The NRC is holding this webinar to walk through and answer questions about the draft report “Background and Preliminary Assumptions for an Environmental Impact Statement—Long-Term Waste Confidence Update.”
The report can be found on the NRC’s public involvement web page at
The public comment period for this report ends February 17, 2012.
WEBINAR: Interested members of the public can participate in this webinar via registration at:
We encourage those who are interested to register by January 25, 2012. After registering, instructions for joining the webinar (including a teleconference number and pass code) will be
provided via email.
All participants will be in “listen-only” mode during the presentation. Participants will have a chance to pose questions either orally after the presentation or in writing during the webinar.
[toggle_simple title=”Related articles” width=”600″]
- Jaczko claims small victory after failed coo attempt (enformable.com)
- NRC to hold public meeting about Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant (enformable.com)
- Japanese Official in charge of safety measures at nuclear plants covered up spent fuel costs (enformable.com)
- Hundreds show up at NRC – First Energy – Davis-Besse Meeting (enformable.com)
- Mainichi: Japan’s spent fuel cover-up – “Lying” gov’t officials (enenews.com)
- NRC agrees to review US BWR Mark I reactors after public request from Beyond Nuclear (enformable.com)
- IEEE: Fukushima unprecedented in scope – Situation appeared utterly beyond human control – “Raging fire in a spent-fuel pond”… Yet claims only partial meltdowns? (enenews.com)
- Davis Besse Public Meeting Expected to Be Larger Than Usual (enformable.com)
- March 17th, 2011 – NGA Center in DC Requests NRC Expert Speaker for 3/22 or 3/23 and 4/4 (enformable.com)
- Pilgrim Nuclear Power Plant SRV inoperable due to suspected leakage in first stage (enformable.com)
- NRC finds Entergy Safety Commitment Track Record Lacking (enformable.com)
- Occupy Toledo Makes Surprise Appearance At Monroe Nuclear Power Plant Hearing – Huffington Post (enformable.com)