Czech nuclear expansion should be much more moderate than originally thought, including only an enlargement of one of the two existing nuclear plants and extending the life of the other, recently installed Czech Minister for Industry and Trade Martin Kuba said last Wednesday.
Kuba said in an interview carried in Wednesday’s edition of the business dailyHospodářské noviny (HN) that proposals under predecessor Martin Kocourek (ODS) for up to 18 new nuclear reactors sited across the country by 2060 were unrealistic.
“To produce in the Czech Republic up to 80 percent of electricity from nuclear is not realistic from an economic perspective. We would not even know where to put the new plants,” Kuba told the paper. He added that a more realistic plan would be to construct just the two planned extra new reactors at the Temelín site in southern Bohemia and extend the lifetime of the existing Dukovany nuclear reactor until 2035.
[toggle_simple title=”Related Articles” width=”600″]
- FOX DC: Temperature soars mysteriously inside Fukushima nuclear reactor, despite pumping in more water (enenews.com)
- Exposed? Asahi: Water may not be reaching part of melted nuclear fuel from Reactor No. 2, says unnamed Tepco official (enenews.com)
- NRC – San Onofre Corrosion Damage Seen In Multiple Nuclear Reactors Across United States (enformable.com)
- *Just In* Tepco: Water injections may no longer be able to properly cool down melted nuclear fuel in Reactor No. 2 – Says criticality is not taking place (VIDEO) (enenews.com)
- New Seismic Data Could Raise Earthquake Protection Bar For US Nuclear Reactors (enformable.com)
- KEPCO President’s complaints on Mihama’s Reactor 1 future – Hopes to escape shutdown (enformable.com)
- Kyoto Professor: Areas in Reactor No. 2 may be over 100°C – Fuel probably as melted as mud, increasing water injection may move it around – Can’t see inside for decades (VIDEO) (enenews.com)
- Gundersen: I’m afraid gov’t will try its very best to hide numbers coming from Fukushima – No death rate data for areas near meltdown… Why is that? (VIDEO) (enenews.com)
- Slovak nuclear power plants pass stress tests – Reuters (enformable.com)
- Mainstream Media loudly approves ‘Cool-headed’ Czechs, Areva and others bet on nuclear power for their future (enformable.com)
- Largest pending nuclear-related suit filed against Genkai Nuclear Power Plant (enformable.com)
- Evaluation of Risk Associated With Intergranular Stress Corrosion Cracking in Boiling Water Reactor Internals (enformable.com)
- Japan to consider sacrificing older reactors to keep 20 year licensing extension rule (enformable.com)