Bulgaria, Slovakia and Lithuania need an additional EUR 2.5bl for the decommissioning of eight non-upgradeable nuclear reactors, according to a report of the European Court of Auditors.
In a separate statement, the committee also noted shortcomings of the management of the decommissioning project at the Kozloduy NPP. They commented on project delays, insufficiently reliable decommissioning cost estimates, insufficient identification of decommissioning activities to be performed, and the absence of radioactive waste inventories.
The ECA draws attention to project delays,insufficiently reliable decommissioningcost estimates, insufficient identification of decommissioning activities to be performed, and the absence of radioactive waste inventories.
Other flaws identified by the audit institution are the failure to introduce adequate monitoring mechanisms for the implementation of pre-decommissioning tasks.
[toggle_simple title=”Related Articles” width=”600″]
- Policy of decommissioning aged nuclear plants too abrupt – The Daily Yomiuri (enformable.com)
- Fukushima governor strongly demands Tepco decommission and dismantle all 10 nuclear reactors (enenews.com)
- Gundersen via Bloomberg: “I actually think it’s going to blow up in their face” – Cold shutdown declared as nuclear cores “extraordinarily hot” (enenews.com)
- ‘Cold Shutdown’ refers to global perception of Fukushima – Not crippled plant (enformable.com)
- Report: Containers of dead babies and body parts found at radioactive waste site – “Even their amputated limbs and fetuses posed a danger to others” (enenews.com)
- Dounreay begins construction of underground solid waste vaults (enformable.com)
- Asahi: Now 7,800 liters leaked from ruptured pipes – Previous figure mentioned was 600 liters (enenews.com)
- TEPCO denies reports to decommission Fukushima Daiichi Units 5 and 6 (enformable.com)
- Russia admits over 20,000 underwater radioactive waste sites (enformable.com)
- Japan to consider sacrificing older reactors to keep 20 year licensing extension rule (enformable.com)