Just to confirm our telecom that we had a few minutes ago…
Fukushima Daiichi unit 4 has a full core offload in its spent fuel pool.
We need you to do boil-off calculations just like the attached, but for a full core offload into the pool. We need it for 3 decay times (20 days, 90 days, and 365 days). Also, if you could get it to run until the level reaches core mid-plane that would be even better.
[toggle_simple title=”Related Articles” width=”600″]
- Temperature doubles at Spent Fuel Pool No. 3 – Up 70% at SFP No. 6 (enenews.com)
- #Fukushima I Nuke Plant: Crack Found on Spent Fuel Pool Crane (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- #Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 4 Was Leaking Water from Reactor Well/Spent Fuel Pool, and That Was Indicated by Water Level of Skimmer Surge Tank (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Spent Fuel Pool cooling systems at Fukushima Daiichi and Daini stopped after power supply problem (enenews.com)
- NRC March Email: Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 was likely dry enough to lead to catastrophic explosion – Structural damage to pool area known to exist – Pool leakage likely (enenews.com)
- Japan Times: More leaks found at Fukushima – Water spews from 16 points – Amount leaking at some facilities not revealed (enenews.com)
- Report: Rapidly dropping water level at Fukushima Daiichi No. 4 – Leak continues from Reactor Well/SFP/DS – Almost 3 times higher on Monday (enenews.com)
- Kyodo: Secret worst scenario was ‘reactor explosion’ at No. 1 and Spent Fuel Pool 4 drying up -Hosono (enenews.com)
- Damaged Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 just had 204 “new” fuel rods inserted before quake + Scientists say another 9.0 megaquake may hit at year’s end = “Fukushima is still on the edge” (enenews.com)